Q. I did not ejaculate during sex, but my wife missed her periods. What to do?

Dr. Sweta Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 02, 2020

I had sex with my wife and I am very sure that I did not ejaculate. But, there were some white watery drops outside her vagina. Now, she did not get her periods this month. We had sex on the 8th and her periods normally start from 15th to 20th of every month. Please help.

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• As per your history, you seem to be ejaculated inside her. Therefore, it is possible that your wife maybe pregnant.
  • The only way to know for sure is to get a blood test done. It is the serum beta hCG test (human chorionic gonadotropin). This will tell us whether her periods are delayed due to pregnancy or not.
  • This withdrawal method is one of the most unreliable ways to avoid pregnancy. There are millions of sperms even in the pre-ejaculated fluid and these can easily impregnate your wife.
  • If you are trying to avoid pregnancy, you will be better use a condom or your wife can take contraceptive pills under proper guidance.
  • Please do the blood tests and get back to me with the reports.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I forgot to mention that around half an hour before sex only I had masturbated and took a bath. So, it is not possible for me to ejaculate inside her vagina and I did not have a feeling of ejaculation. What are the chances that this watery white drop is her vaginal fluid?

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Every time, when there is an erection there is an outflow of some seminal fluid or pre-ejaculatory fluid.
  • Kindly get the test done as advised and share the report.

| 

Pregnancy test shows negative, shall I take medicine to induce periods?

Query: Hi doctor,I got my last period before three months. I have not gotten my periods ever since. I had protected intercourse twice before two months. However, I have no symptom and all the pregnancy tests are negative. Also, I have missed my period the same way, even before once and my cycle is gener...  Read Full »

Can taking contraceptive pills before sex be effective in preventing pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, How can pregnancy be avoided completely without the help of condoms?  Read Full »

Does a contraceptive pill affect periods?

Query: Hi doctor, Are contraceptive pills safe to take? Does it affect periods? Does taking contraceptive pills completely reduce the chances of pregnancy or is there still some chance? Is it completely safe to take it even if having intercourse very occasionally? Or is there some other better way to avo...  Read Full »