Q. I have not taken pill after having sex. Is it possible for me to become pregnant?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I had sex on the beginning of this month and both times my boyfriend didnt pull out. I took a action pill after two days. but within an hour and a half I threw up. I had eaten food before taking the pill. After I threw up , I didnt take another pill. According to my calendar , I ovulated during the mid of this month. I just want to know if its possible that I can be pregnant. My period is due on the end of this month. Im nervous. Im uncertain whether the pill absorbed or not because I threw up. Its been exactly 7 days since we had sex so it would be too early to take a test?

#

hi dear

good morning

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. see for getting pregnant the sperms have to be ejaculated inside the vagina of the female. these sperms are then required to fertilise an egg which then gets implanted in uterus of the female. now in your case although you have taken the pill after two days of having sex. but your first intercourse was on the beginning of this month. see the effectiveness of the pill reduces in accordance to the time it is taken post intercourse.

since you threw up post taking the pill after one and a half hour there is a possibility of pregnancy my request is pls undertake a urine pregnancy test with first urine of the day for accurate result. don't drink too much fluid prior to your test. adhere to all guidelines written on package of pregnancy test kit. based upon the outcome of the pregnancy test we can decide upon further management of your menstrual health or Pregnancy. don't worry I am always there for you. feel free to ask any questions or to share any additional information. God bless.

| 

I had sex with my partner last month and missed periods. Am I pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old and I had sex with my partner last month. My expected period date was a week later. Still, I did not get my periods. I have tried testing pregnancy strips the result was negative. I consumed Regestrone tablets for the past four days. We do not want to have a baby beca...  Read Full »

I had an unprotected sex but did not ejaculate. I am worried about HIV. Please guide.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old heterosexual male. I am married and have a three months old baby boy, I never had sex before my marriage neither outside it, but yesterday I went to a massage center which including massage with oil, sona, steam room and then moroccan shower by the lady. During the sh...  Read Full »

What medicine should I take to postpone my periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am going on a vacation in two days and I am supposed to get my periods today. I still have not got them. I am wondering if there is anything I can take to get my periods now or take something that can delay my periods.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»