Q. If sperms spill outside the vagina, is there still chance for pregnancy?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Last week I and my partner had a romance, I did everything expect for the penetration of my penis into her vagina. At last, I was masturbating outisde with my hands, when the sperm came out it spills out over her legs and also near to her vagina. So we got scared that if sperm spill over was only outside her vagina.

Incase, if the spillage over her vagina was only outside means will it cause pregnancy? If it causes pregnancy means what are all the symptoms immediately or with in a week? If in case pregnancy means how to stop now? Please tell us if there is any solution for our safer side to keep us without fear. When the period will stop incase of pregnancy? Please help.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Pregnancy can happen rarely in the scenario you described. There will not be any immediate symptoms of pregnancy. The earliest symptom is missing the next expected period. You cannot do anything to stop the pregnancy right now. If she misses her period, she can confirm pregnancy at home by doing a urine pregnancy test. If pregnancy is confirmed, you can consult a gynecologist for abortion through medicines. In case, she becomes pregnant, she will miss her next expected period.

Remember one thing, pregnancy is very rare (most unlikely) in the scenario you described, so there is no need to fear. Just wait for her next period and things will become clear by then.

| 

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

I got positive in my blood and urine pregnancy tests, but there is no sac in the scan. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My last period was before a month, and it has been nine days I missed my period. I got positive in my blood and urine test. My beta hCG on last month was 675, and yesterday it was 3300. I almost completed 10 days after the missed period. Yesterday I went for scan my doctor told no sac...  Read Full »

Faint T Lines Appearing On Urine Pregnancy Tests,While Ultrasounds Say I Am Not Pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for a few months, but every time the test comes back negative. My last periods was on the 25th of last month, and I started ovulating on the third of this month, and it ended on the 12th. My husband and I had sex on the fifth. Despite my history of irregular...  Read Full »