iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologyunprotected sexHow can I prevent pregnancy after intercourse?

Is it possible to prevent pregnancy after intercourse if I am not sure whether sperm was released inside?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At April 16, 2023
Reviewed AtMay 11, 2023

Patient's Query

How can I prevent pregnancy after intercourse? I am not sure whether the sperm went inside.

Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. As you had unprotected sex and wanted to discontinue the pregnancy, you can take I-pill (Levonorgestrel) for the same after consulting your specialist doctor. You can take one tablet of I-pill 1.5 mg as early as possible (maximum within 72 hours). Only one tablet is required in your case, menstrual irregularities are the side effects of the pill.

Hope this helps.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Richa Agarwal
Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy