Untreated Fracture

What will happen if a Jones fracture is left untreated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female with a Jones fracture. I broke it for the first time last year and again this year. At this stage, it is showing a nonunion, but I can easily bear weight and there is no pain or swelling. I have no plans to play sports or go running in the future. I was wonderin...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question, and it seems that your fracture is not healing well. There are a few points which I want you to know: The first and the fifth metatarsal are actually the weight-bearing bones in the foot. So, proper union of any fracture involving ...  Read Full »

Can I try physiotherapy for my shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, After I fell from my bike, sometimes, I have a little pain in my shoulder. I feel my shoulder is loose. I got an MRI of the shoulder done, and I am attaching the reports. Can I try physiotherapy for the pain? Or do I need to get a surgery? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI film is more helpful than a report on its own. You reported a fall from the bike a few months ago, but you describe little as to what happened immediately after the injury. I nee...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get a surgery for fracture after two weeks of the incident?

Query: Hi doctor, I have displaced clavicle fracture. My doctor told me that the surgery depends on my decision. It has been two weeks since I got the accident. Initially, I thought the fracture would heal itself. But, I do like to get surgery. Is it possible for me to have operation after a period of two ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Management of a clavicle fracture depends upon a few factors and surgery is indicated only if it falls in the category of indications. To tell you whether surgery is required or not, I will need your clinical pictures of the affected area and x-rays of the fractured cl...  Read Full »