Q. My girlfriend did not get periods after taking Unwanted 72. Why?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta
Published on Feb 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jan 24, 2019

I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and she took the pill(Unwanted 72) within an hour. Two days later, after taking second pill accidentally we had unprotected sex. But, in both the cases I did not ejaculate in her vagina. Now, five days got over and she did not get her periods yet. What are the chances of pregnancy?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Firstly, I would like to inform you that taking an I-pill will not cause periods. The periods will come at its own time, maybe slightly late too. Delay in periods after I-pill is a common and expected side effect.

Secondly, I would suggest you not to take more than one pill a month as one pill can cause serious hormonal changes. Also, it is best to take it only in emergency. Casual and frequent use can cause long-term problems.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Actually, she took Unwanted 72. Please tell me the chances of pregnancy. I am really worried.

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Unwanted 72 and I-pill have similar effects and side effects. So, the information stands for Unwanted 72 as well. As far as getting pregnant is concerned, it is highly unlikely that she can become pregnant. But, these emergency pills have a failure rate of one to two percentage.

I suggest you stop worrying about it as anxiety can also cause delay in periods. Just wait and see for her periods. If they do not occur even after one week delay then do a pregnancy test and check.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Can unprotected sex on third day of period cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my fiancee had unprotected sex on the third day of her period. I did not ejaculate inside her. And she also has the history of an irregular period but from the past three months, she is getting her regular period. I just want to know what are the chances of pregnancy.  Read Full »

I took emergency contraceptive pills after unprotected sex. Am I safe?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had unprotected sex. I took Plan B (72 hours) pill almost right after, four hours later. I consulted with the pharmacist on the phone but she sounded careless and told me it was safe to use. I am too young. The main question is I do not know if I should even call this vaginal sex...  Read Full »