Unwanted Pregnancy

Is there any chance of pregnancy after taking Unwanted-72 within two hours?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected intercourse without ejaculation inside her before 20 days. And to be on the safe side, she has taken an Unwanted-72 pill within two hours. Her last menstruation was 30 days back, and her bleeding lasts for four days. She has a 30 to 32 days menstrual cycle. Again we ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. If you had protected sex with a condom, and if the medication was taken post-sex no need to worry about the pregnancy. Any issue with the periods can be due to the side effect of the pill Unwanted-72 (Levonorgestrel). I ...  Read Full »

How many birth control pills should I take to equal Plan B to avoid pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, How many birth control pills should I take to equal Plan B? I missed my birth control pill for 17 days and had unprotected intercourse, but we do not want to be pregnant. Should I need Plan B or take extra birth control pills to avoid pregnancy? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern, and I will surely help you. If you want reliable protection against unplanned pregnancy, then I request you to consider taking a Plan B pill (Levonorgestrel) as the Plan B pill is meant for emergency contraception. Someti...  Read Full »

How much delay in periods is normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old female. I usually have my periods at the end of every month, but I have not yet got my period for this month. I had intercourse with a guy two weeks ago. But I do not have sickness or symptoms of pregnancy till today. I am thinking about getting a pregnancy test if do n...  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Do not worry or stress. My advice would also be to take a pregnancy test since it is the only way to rule out pregnancy as a cause of delay in periods. If the pregnancy test is negative, you can wait for your periods to naturally occur for...  Read Full »

Will missing a Progestin-only pill and having unprotected intercourse lead to pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I missed taking my Minipill (Progestin-only pill) last Friday night. I took the missed pill the next day morning (Saturday morning) and also took another pill in the evening at the usual time. Then, on Sunday, I took another pill at my usual time. On Sunday night, my husband and I had in...  Read Full »

Dr. Suhail Khanday

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are not protected against pregnancy if: 1) You are taking a traditional POP (Progestogen-only contraceptive pill), and you are more than three hours late in taking your pill. 2) You are taking a Desogestrel pill, and you are more than 12 hours late in taking your ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to have sex the next day after my period?

Query: Hello doctor,My period ended ten days ago, and I had intercourse the next day after my period ended. After the day of intercourse, I have a light spotting. And today, I have bleeding that is a little bit more than spotting, although it is light. But I am concerned about what it is? (also, I have PCO...  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha Auradkar Raghunath Auradkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. The timeframe you mentioned is very less likely to result in pregnancy. Although it is advised to use protection as unprotected sex always carries a risk of unwanted pregnancy. Do not worry about the spotting. It will go away in a day o...  Read Full »

Can Yasmin pills be taken two weeks after unprotected sex to prevent pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,Myself and my wife had unprotected sex before two weeks. She told me that it was her sixth day after having her last period. Now, she has soreness in her breast for three days and we are worried whether she is pregnant. We are not willing to have a pregnancy at this point. Does taking Yasm...  Read Full »

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As it was the sixth day after having her last period, then it means that it is the eleventh day of her menstrual cycle. Ovulation starts from 14th to 16th day of the cycle if she has a 28 days cycle. This is the period where she has a higher chance to become pregnant if...  Read Full »

Does one pill of unwanted 72 enough to prevent pregnancy?

Query: I had sex one day before with unprotected intercourse and i even don't know that would leds to pregnancy or not?and then i have taken 72 unwanted before 48hrs with out knowing that im pregnant ? will it give a problem if im not pregnant by taking of that pill?and does it stops the pregnancy complet...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: hi dear good evening I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. see unwanted 72 is an emergency contraceptive pill and it acts differently during the first 15 days of your cycle and differently in last 15 days of your cycle. however it is a reliable pill and the sooner it is taken a...  Read Full »

Does I-pill prevent unwanted pregnancy in breastfeeding mother?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 2.5 months old son. Can I take I-pill to prevent unwanted pregnancy? Is it safe?  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. If you are at risk of getting pregnant and if you are a breastfeeding mother, it does not affect the quality or quantity with a single dose of taking I-pill (Levonorgestrel) However, I strongly recommend to avoid...  Read Full »

What are the safe days to have sex without getting pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with my partner yesterday and today. I have not done any family planning, and I want to avoid pregnancy. My husband says he will make sure that I will not get pregnant, even without protection. Is it possible? If it is not safe, what should I do now? Is there any p...  Read Full »

Dr. Poornima Kinila

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read through your query. If there was withdrawal at the time of sexual intercourse without evacuation of semen inside, then chances of pregnancy are remote. But even the pre-secretions can contain semen, and if deposited outside as well, pregnancy can happen. That is...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest some safety measures to avoid unwanted pregnancy.

Query: My period got started before a week and ended after 3 days. what are the safe days to do sex without getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: hi dear good morning. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. it will be better if you can share the length of your cycle, like 28 days, 35 days etc. although I will recommend that don't plan things based upon safe period and fertility window, but just to be very safe you may hav...  Read Full »