Upj Obstruction

After the diagnosis of hydronephrosis, what is the next step of treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old girl. My height is 5 feet and weight is 42 kg. I have been suffering from frequent stomach ache for the past two to three months. I do not have any¬†problem in urination. I thought that the pain was due to some food infection. Later, I was diagnosed to have moderate le...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan .g

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is necessary to do a DTPA nuclear scan (Diethylene triamine penta aceticacid) to confirm the diagnosis of UPJ obstruction (renal pelvis obstruction) and to know the severity of obstruction. Only then, you should go for surgery. Yes, it can be done by laparoscopy. It ne...  Read Full »