Q. My 2 year old baby is getting tears while watching TV. Is it normal?

Dr. Shikha
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 31, 2021

My daughter is 2 years old, and she always eats food while watching iPad. I just noticed that today while watching the cartoon on TV, I could see the tear coming out of her eyes. Is it normal? She had cold last week, and even then water was coming out of her eyes that day. What could be the reason? Is it something to worry about?

#

• How long are the symptoms occurring? Does she use any glasses?
  • It may simply be because of respiratory infection. You can wait for a week for an ophthalmic related consultant. You should get her treated for any respiratory infection.

Revert with the answer to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

No, she does not wear glasses. As far as I can see, her eyes are fine. She can see a picture of mango from 15 feet away on my iPhone. May be it is because of cold or something.

#

• You should get her treated for respiratory infection, which is very common in children.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

She is 2 years old. Is it something to worry?

#

• If it is transient only and does not resolve even in a week, then you should consult an ophthalmologist for examination.

|