Q. Why do I have white spot in the throat and warts in the genital area?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a white spot in the throat with a mild headache for the past three days. I am eating two cloves of raw garlic for the past five days to increase my immunity. I am getting cold frequently. I get typhoid fever for every six months. I also have some STD. But I do not know which one it is. I also get pain in the groin area. I have genital warts with skin growth, itching, and burning. I also got the white spot in the throat before 14 years back.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your current problem appears to be upper respiratory tract infection. It is a common problem, and many individuals get these infections. These are viral, and our immunity clears them. Now, you should get your throat examined and upload a picture of it. You will need antibiotics like tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once a day along with some antacid like tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast once a day for five days. Also, have Betadine (Povidone-iodine) gargles four times a day. For a cough, you can have syrup Alex (Dextromethorphan with Guaifenesin) two teaspoons whenever needed up to three times a day. Avoid cold food items. Now, whenever you get these symptoms, you should use Betadine gargling three times a day to kill these viruses and for the prevention of infection.

Having recurrent sore does not necessarily mean that you have low immunity. Also, getting typhoid once in six months is likely a false diagnosis. If you are getting any viral fever too, the result of typhoid test will be positive. Also, when you are infected with typhoid, it remains positive throughout the life. So there are specific tests like Typhidot IgM to look for the current infection. You likely have HPV (human papillomavirus) warts. You should get yourself examined by a local Gynecologist and should undergo pap smear testing. These warts can be destroyed with medicines or removed with minor surgery. I guess you do not have any white discharge or so.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Yes, I get a white discharge. Can I continue eating raw garlic to increase my immunity? If I can, how many cloves can I eat per day?

#

Yes, you can continue to have garlic two to three cloves per day. White discharge is usually due to a candida infection. Take tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once at bedtime. It resolves the issue in a majority of the patients.

|