Q. Is it safe to give urai marundhu for a 3. 5 month old baby?

Dr. Eagambaram Jaganathan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 23, 2019

My baby is 3.5 months old. In my house, they are saying to give urai marundhu is it safe to give? As my daughter is licking her fingers, my mom wants to keep castor oil or neem oil, is it safe to keep it on her finger?

#

Urai mathirai or marunthu is safe but advisable only after six months. In case of emergency, you can give within six months. Kids will not lick their fingers as they tend to suck only. Either the kid needs milk, or it may feel insecure in the prolonged absence of mother say more than half an hour. It is a normal phenomenon, so do not worry about that. Do not keep neem oil at this stage.

What can be done for dry scalp with white flaky layers on the front and sides?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a very dry scalp. There is a white flaky layer on the front and on the sides of the scalp. I have tried different shampoos but no help. Hair is getting thin day by day. I shampoo my hair twice weekly and before shampoo only I apply oil. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start Sulfur 30 five pills in morning noon and night, Arsenic alb 200 five pills in morning and evening, Psorinum 1M five pills in morning empty stomach. (One dose only). Your complaints seem like scaly dandruff. Along with medicines have food rich in protei...  Read Full

Ask a Siddha Medicine Specialist Now