Q. I have pain and burning sensation while urinating with opaque white discharge. Why?

Published on Dec 08, 2019

I am having an opaque, white discharge at the end of urination and it is painful and burning while urinating, and I feel a sharp pain on the tip of my urethra after urination. When I put pressure on my urethra (penis shaft) it hurts and I also have three inflamed lymph nodes in my right inguinal region, starting at the beginning of the crease. I went to my doctor and gave them a urine sample and tests shown no STI's but I am still waiting on my UTI test to be received. I did have unprotected sex but my partner had tested a week before and nothing came up, and also I was her only partner for awhile beforehand. I do have simplex 1 but no symptoms for years. No lesions, rashes or other abnormalities are seen in my genital area. This has been going on for about five days now, had unprotected sex exactly one week ago.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

From the clinical description, I can say with confidence that the symptoms clearly indicate toward UTI (urinary tract infection) and particularly urethritis. There is no symptom that indicates toward STI (sexually transmitted infection) other than the history of unprotected sex one week back. That is also can be considered negative as your partner have no evidence of infection.

Please visit your doctor and ask for an antibiotic prescription. I understand that reports are awaited but in my view, empirical prescription should be offered as you are having significant symptoms to compromise function and add unnecessary stress. Last but not least focus on treatment now but avoid taking the risk (unprotected sex) as far as possible.

| 

What is the cause for the feeling of frequent urination and burning sensation after urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel like urinating frequently and have an orgasm each time I urinate and feel relieved. The moment I get up from the toilet seat and walk, it starts to burn. There is no burning sensation while urinating. I engaged in sexual intercourse a day before experiencing this. There is no b...  Read Full »

I am passing urine with little strain. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old. From last two days I am suffering from frequent urination during day time with little bit burning sensation. My blood sugar and BP are normal. Urine flow is not so strong. I used to urine by pressing the penis and this is not the first time. As far as I can recall it f...  Read Full »

From yesterday I have a problem while peeing. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male, and I have a problem while peeing from yesterday. It feels heavy under my stomach, just below my penis. Every time I try to pee, I cannot, and I have to push in order to do so. I drank an entire bottle of water today. Normally, I would be able to pee after a...  Read Full »