Q. Other than UTI, what can cause urethral discomfort?

Answered by Dr. Vivekanandan G.

Do you have a question on Urethral Infection or Urine Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 24 year old female. I was previously diagnosed with UTI for three to four times in the last two years. Now, I have a frequently occurring problem of itching and burning in my urethra about three to four times in a month. It stays for around 4 to 5 hours and slowly goes off after drinking lots of water and visiting the washroom every now and then. This generally happens when I miss drinking required amount of water. I drink a plenty of water of more than 8 liters a day. It also happens when I miss going to the washroom if my bladder is full. Kindly help me as my life is getting severely affected by this and I stay quite depressed owing to this. I have taken Urispas when the situation gets worse. The urine culture reports show nothing negative. Is there any treatment for this? What are the necessary precautions?