Q. Why are my recurrent UTI and urethral itching not responding to antibiotics and antifungals?

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

I am a 27-year-old male, and I used to have a recurrent UTI. For the past two months, my urethra is constantly itching. I did a kidney function test, and my uric acid was high. My urine culture test shows bacterial culture. I was prescribed antibiotics and antifungals, but nothing improved. Then we did a genital swab, and the reports showed staphylococcus infection. I am taking antibiotics for a week, but it is not improving. I am not diabetic.

Kindly help.

#

Your description states that you have an infection that does not respond to antibiotics or antifungals. The reason is either the infection is in the prostate, or a proper antibiotic is not given. Antibiotics should be prescribed according to the organism's sensitivity, which is mentioned in the laboratory report.

For prostate infection, we need to do a semen culture.

I suggest you do a semen culture and attach the reports for further management.

Kind regards.

|