Urethral Stricture

Is it possible to remove kidney stone stuck in penis using catheter?

Query: Hello doctor,My father is a heart patient and his ejection fraction is 35 %. He is now suffering from kidney stone which is currently stuck in the penis. He has heavy pain during urine passage. The urine flow is almost zero. The doctor suggested for the operation with high cardiac risk. Can catheter...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. He has a stone in urethra, just proximal to a stricture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Opening up of the stricture segment and stone removal will be done at the same time. Cardiac risk is a real risk but is usually managed by good anesthetists. Just c...  Read Full »

What causes the penis skin to rip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. When I was 19 years old, I had a circumcision due to a tight foreskin. This has never been a problem until of late. There are two issues that I am suffering with. The first is on the under side of my penis when I get an erection to have sex or masturbate, where my...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I completely agree with the first problem although it is unlikely to be related to circumcision. I also feel that the underneath scar tissue is responsible for the closing of the pee hole rather than the procedure which was ...  Read Full »

What causes a burning sensation at the tip of the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently I have been experiencing a slight burning sensation on the tip of my penis. When I pee, it stings a bit. The stinging sensation is subtle, but there is always a slight urge to pee. It feels like something is streaming down, but I can only feel it when it reaches close to the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your history,  the burning sensation might be because of an infection, or due to narrowing of the urine pipe, a condition called as stricture urethra. I suggest the following tests to rule out an infection: Urine routine. Urine culture and sensitivity.  U...  Read Full »

What are the complications associated with panurethral stricture?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I had a BMG urethroplasty a week ago. Currently urinating with catheter due to pan-anterior urethral stricture. Are there any complications and risks associated with it?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I welcome you and want to assure you need not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Why do I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis almost daily, but not while urinating. I did the urine test, and nothing abnormal was found in the reports except that the urine was acidic. It is happening for the past two weeks. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in urine should be evaluated properly by blood reports and imaging. You require complete blood count, creatinine, serum electrolytes and ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis. It could be stone or infection but you need to get the above reports done. For more infor...  Read Full »

I am passing urine with little strain. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old. From last two days I am suffering from frequent urination during day time with little bit burning sensation. My blood sugar and BP are normal. Urine flow is not so strong. I used to urine by pressing the penis and this is not the first time. As far as I can recall it f...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have some more queries about your complaints. Do you have any nocturia that is do you have any disturbed sleep due to increased frequency of urination during nights? Any difficulty in passing urine or any hesitancy to start or any straining during urination? ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for pain while passing urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old male. My weight is 84 kg and 5 feet 10 inches tall. I am experiencing pain while urinating in the outlet of the organ. This is the first time I am getting such a pain. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concern. Pain while passing urine can be due to a various number of reasons. It can be due to urinary tract infection or stone in urethra or the bladder or urethral stricture (narrowing of the ur...  Read Full »

Why do I have a double urine stream?

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently developed a double urine stream from last week. I have anxiety and had all sorts of urinary tract issues and bowel issues with anxiety. Frequent urination, splashing urination and trouble urinating and I think double urination is the next in line. I had an ultrasound t...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The split stream can be due to narrowing of the urethral opening or sometimes due to voiding with high pressure. If you consult your urologist, get a uroflow test done. If there is any narrowing, it will show in the flow. Splaying of the stream can sometimes be prevent...  Read Full »

Do I really need cystoscopy with dilation for 20 % urethral stricture?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with an anterior bulbar urethral stricture that is 20 % closed. I had two episodes of prostatitis, post-void dribbling and frequent urination with occasional mild burning and some mild spraying at the end of my stream. The urologist is recommending a repeat cystoscopy ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When were you diagnosed with stricture? Where were you treated at that time and what treatment was given? Yes, I also feel that you should repeat cystoscopy and get it dilated as it invariably recurs. So, better to undergo cystoscopy and get it dilated as without th...  Read Full »

I am diabetic, and I urinate frequently. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a problem of frequent urination, and I am diabetic. Please check the attached reports and give your valuable advice or opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ultrasound report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows enlarge prostate. You have urinary symptoms due to an enlarged prostate. The pre-void volume is 300, and post-void volume is 230, which is more. Also, left kidney is small, and it might be non-f...  Read Full »