Urethral Stricture

Is self-catheterization usually advised after surgery for burning urination?

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago, I have undergone surgery for urine burning problem. They said there is no need for self-catheterization. At present, there is no burning problem. Sometimes, slight burning or uneasiness occurs. The flow is quite reduced. Now, the doctors recommended for self-catheteriza...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please relax and do not worry. I have gone through your case completely. You had a stricture in urethra for which endoscopic surgery was done. After this surgery, patients may require self-dilatation and not self-catheterization. Both are different. Self-dilatation is ...  Read Full »

Why is there a black mass on my penile shaft?

Query: Hi doctor, About halfway down my penile shaft, there is a black mass, only noticeable when the foreskin is pulled down. I have symptoms of prostatitis and urethritis (ongoing for two years now). I also have dysuria, urine dribbling, inflamed meatus, constant urethral pain, prostatitis, epididymitis...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. You have used a lot of antibiotics. Suppose it is a prostate infection. You should know it will take a long time for it to get cured. If there is pain during ejaculation, we need to think of infection (bacterial). You have completed the ST...  Read Full »

Why is there difficulty urinating?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently I have been suffering from a weird problem. Until last month, I used to masturbate once a day, but have stopped for three to four weeks. The condition I am noticing is that I can feel a couple of drops of semen stuck at the tip of my penis. When I rarely masturbate now, there is...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting with us. From the description, you have either inflammation at your meatus or have a stricture (stricture is a narrowing caused by fibrosis). Inflammation will resolve in a maximum of two weeks. But stricture will not. You can do a flexible cystos...  Read Full »

Kindly tell me ways to overcome pain while urinating.

Query: Hi doctor, I am not sure exactly when I started having a split stream urination problem, but I really worried about it recently. I mean, it never really used to bother me besides the occasional mess and I used to think it was more a result of tight underwear or something. My urine basically splits...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Splaying of urinary stream does not always mean a problem, but is important to rule out significant urinary tract pathology like urethral stricture, bladder neck dyssynergia, etc. As an initial evaluation, you can get an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters and urinary bladder...  Read Full »

What could cause urinary incontinence with urine flow in different directions?

Query: Hello doctor, I have occasional urine incontinence. Urine flows in different directions and drops on my legs. I have persistent high pressure, weak erection and quick ejaculation. And also have difficulty concentrating on tasks for a long time.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Incontinence of urine and multiple streams with high pressure are consistent with urethral stricture. It is narrowing of the urethra causing the above mentioned symptoms. Enlarged prostate can also cause the same issue but less common with multiple streams like this. T...  Read Full »

Why has my urine flow reduced after ureter stone removal?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a stone in my left ureter. The stone was removed and a stent was placed for two months through surgery. After the stent was removed, I noticed a drastic change in my urine flow. Also, I am having regular pain in the lower part of my kidney. I had no issue in urine flow or any pain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The decrease in your urine flow following the procedure could be due to a stricture anywhere in the urethra. You should get a uroflometry done to confirm the diagnosis. It should be followed by an ascending urethrogram to locate the stricture. Most of these strictures can...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe pain when I finish urinating?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having painful urination. When I pass urine only 5-10 mL of urine I pass and then end up with so much of pain. The pain is like something stuck in my penis or like some wound inside the penis. And I am also getting blood in urine. This is happening to me for the last two days. Please...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Painful urination along with blood is a sign of urinary tract infection. However, I strongly suspect a possible urethral stricture or urethral mucosal rupture. Get a urine microscopic examination to evaluate for urinary trac...  Read Full »

Is it possible to remove kidney stone stuck in penis using catheter?

Query: Hello doctor,My father is a heart patient and his ejection fraction is 35 %. He is now suffering from kidney stone which is currently stuck in the penis. He has heavy pain during urine passage. The urine flow is almost zero. The doctor suggested for the operation with high cardiac risk. Can catheter...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. He has a stone in urethra, just proximal to a stricture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Opening up of the stricture segment and stone removal will be done at the same time. Cardiac risk is a real risk but is usually managed by good anesthetists. Just c...  Read Full »

What causes the penis skin to rip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. When I was 19 years old, I had a circumcision due to a tight foreskin. This has never been a problem until of late. There are two issues that I am suffering with. The first is on the under side of my penis when I get an erection to have sex or masturbate, where my...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I completely agree with the first problem although it is unlikely to be related to circumcision. I also feel that the underneath scar tissue is responsible for the closing of the pee hole rather than the procedure which was ...  Read Full »

What causes a burning sensation at the tip of the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently I have been experiencing a slight burning sensation on the tip of my penis. When I pee, it stings a bit. The stinging sensation is subtle, but there is always a slight urge to pee. It feels like something is streaming down, but I can only feel it when it reaches close to the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your history,  the burning sensation might be because of an infection, or due to narrowing of the urine pipe, a condition called as stricture urethra. I suggest the following tests to rule out an infection: Urine routine. Urine culture and sensitivity.  U...  Read Full »