Urethritis

How to treat the sticky penile discharge due to urethritis?

Query: Hello doctor, My urologist diagnosed me with nonspecific urethritis and prescribed a five-day antibiotic course, which helped and stopped the burning sensation and sensitive to touch feeling on my penile tip. My urine culture and blood test came out fine, but now the penile discharge remains. It is...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Urethritis treated with antibiotics for five days and now still have persistent pus discharging from the urethra. Urine culture came negative. First, what is supposed to be done is do a pus swab for culture and wait for the result to see the bacteria. We can then targ...  Read Full »

What causes redness on the penis head?

Query: Hi doctor,My wife and I welcomed our first child last year. We had intercourse four months after she had healed. Following, almost immediately, I noticed a slight red color on my penis head. There are no sores or markings besides the redness. I have been using Hydrocortisone cream and Lotrimin. Now ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you suffer from the penis head's redness with urethra and soreness during active or sweating. According to the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) provided here...  Read Full »

Can urethritis cause a tingling sensation and penile discomfort?

Query: Hi doctor, I think I have some urethritis. I have penile discomfort and a tingling or shivering sensation running down the underside of my penis. It started around two weeks after receiving unprotected oral sex (only). I have been tested twice, two weeks after the symptoms began, and four weeks afte...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can be urethritis, as you mentioned, or can be prostatitis. It needs prolonged antibiotic therapy to prevent relapse. I recommend the following regimen: Tablet Septra DS (Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim) twice a week for four weeks, followed by once a day for...  Read Full »

I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Six months ago, I started showing signs of prostatitis. I had a hard time urinating fully, I had pain and burning, fever, clear discharge. I was put on eight weeks Cipro. My body did not respond well to the Cipro. I stopped and had a chance to s...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know a few more details to answer your query better: Did you have any fever with your symptoms? Where is your pain mostly, near your anal region or along the urethra? What side effects did you have on taking Ciprofloxacin? If your symptoms are similar ...  Read Full »

The tip of my penis is red and swollen. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. Since the last 10 days, I am having a serious red swollen tip of the penis with burning and stinging after urinating. Initially, I thought it might be because of UTI. So, my doctor had written for urine routine test and urine culture test which came negative. But th...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. I have checked all the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Most probably, you have urethritis which may be caused by many organisms. I have two questions in order to exclude any serious infection: Do you ...  Read Full »

What could cause pain at the tip of my penis with urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I have painful urination at the tip of the penis and a dull pain after that. For the last couple of months, pain is at the tip of the penis that comes with urination and then dull pain. No UTI or prostate issue.   Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain at the tip of the penis has few causes. One is inflammation due to products used like soap or oil. The second can be due to the urethra's inflammation, which we call urethritis due to infection or sexually transmitted diseases or even unknown causes. Urethritis du...  Read Full »

Why do I get an urge to urinate as soon as I drink water?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41-year-old male. For the past 30-40 days, I am facing issues with frequent urination. As soon as I drink water after 15-20 minutes, I get the urge to urinate, and the urine is white color or light yellow. Then I consulted the local physician, he gave Ofloxacin 200 for three to fou...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequency of urination is related to a few causes small bladder incomplete emptying of bladder, increased amount of urine production, inflammation of bladder, inflammation of the prostate or inflammation of the urethra. Small bladder is unlikely as it is related to chr...  Read Full »

What could cause persistent bruise in left groin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have three medical concerns that I think might be related. One is that I have soreness in my left armpit, another is that my left ankle has been swollen lately, and finally I have a one in circle ark that looks like a faded bruise in my left groin. There is no swelling associated ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since when are you suffering from this condition? It may be reactive arthritis (Reiter's syndrome) in which urethritis or UTI (urinary tract infection) followed by joint swelling and rash. It may be associated with dry mouth and dry eyes. It may be a different entity l...  Read Full »

Can whitish inflammation during cystoscopy related to urinary problem and ED?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 30 -year-old male. I am 5 feet and 11 inches with 75 kg weight. I had difficulty initiating urination and also had a case of erectile dysfunction. The problem with starting urination was many years ago, which I ignored because I thought it would go away normally. I only recen...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. One thing you have not tried yet is tablet Alfuzosin 10 mg for two weeks. You can try this, I think your flow will become better.  Read Full »

Why do I get recurrent urethritis with increased urinary frequency and discomfort?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had the following symptoms every few months for a long time now. Frequent urination, burning in perineum area, and discomfort after urination. I have been treated for general urethritis three times in the last year. I do not have any STDs as I have been tested. These sympto...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be prostatitis. Do you have a history of unprotected sex with a new partner before the start of symptoms? Is ultrasound abdomen has been done before? Kindly attach reports. Any report on urine culture? You mentioned that you have been treated thrice, which antib...  Read Full »