Urethritis

Why do I get recurrent urethritis with increased urinary frequency and discomfort?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had the following symptoms every few months for a long time now. Frequent urination, burning in perineum area, and discomfort after urination. I have been treated for general urethritis three times in the last year. I do not have any STDs as I have been tested. These sympto...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be prostatitis. Do you have a history of unprotected sex with a new partner before the start of symptoms? Is ultrasound abdomen has been done before? Kindly attach reports. Any report on urine culture? You mentioned that you have been treated thrice, which antib...  Read Full »

Kindly look at the pictures of torn meatus and explain.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a torn meatus and would like an opinion on a couple of pictures I took of it about its condition and if I should get medical assistance for stitches or something. I have already gone to an urgent care who looked at it but it looks bigger or more open or something now. I am on a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Connect me with those images for better diagnosis and treatment.  Read Full »

I feel itchy in the head of the penis which worsens on urination and masturbation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past three days, I am experiencing itchiness within (inside) the head of my penis. There is mild pain while touching the head and it becomes bad post masturbation and urination. No boils found under the skin but it seemed to be red in color.  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your complaints are more in favor of urethritis or balanitis. This could be a consequence of multiple factors ranging from infections to even renal stones. Kindly mention if there is any pain when passing urine? Is there any pus discharge from the urethra? Is there any ...  Read Full »

After sex, why do I have a burning sensation while urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I have burning sensation while urinating and a frequent urge to urinate. Can it be due to sexual contact? I am a 22 year old male.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms are classical of urinary tract infection, cystitis, prostatitis or urethritis. Yes, they can be acquired by sexual contact. Please get a urine culture and sensitivity done along with ultrasound abdomen, because stones in lower ureter can cause these sym...  Read Full »

What can a painless swelling on the penis be?

Query: Hi doctor, I have problem with penis head and shaft. Meatus seems to be red and puffy and itches at times. Also the penis head seems to be very irritated. There is a ring puffed kind of swelling that goes around my shaft. It does not hurt but it came up around 3-5 weeks ago. Please help.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) there is ample evidence of balanitis (inflammation of prepuce) and urethritis (inflammation of urethra). Since both condition can be caused...  Read Full »

Why is my penis bent?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bent penis that causes pain and dissatisfaction. Please suggest me a solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A downward bent of the penis is an absolutely normal variation and is present in 15% - 30% of men. It will be a problem only when it is extremely bent and difficult to penetrate. Pain in the penis can be because of anxiety. If it has been since a long time, then there ...  Read Full »

Can STD be the cause of discomfort in urethra after intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a weird feeling and discomfort around the opening of my penis for several months now. I have got both UTI and STD urine test done but everything came up negative. The discomfort lessened considerably a week or two, after which it is still around. I went again for another UTI a...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yours is one of the most common problems which I see in my outdoor department every day. It has different terminology amongst different clinicians such as urethritis, prostatitis, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, etc. Probable reasons are some irritation of nerves around th...  Read Full »

I have forceful urination with itching and burning in penis, urethra and anus. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old and suffering from forceful urination and urine direction is towards the left side. I do have itching, burning feeling in urethra, anus, and penis. I have been prescribed Afzoo, Kcit and Cranpac D. That does not seem to be working. I think my symptoms match with urethri...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms suggest either prostatitis or urethritis. We also need to rule out stricture of the urethra. Please share your urine and ultrasound reports. Also get a uroflow test done. A urine culture should be sent if not done till now. What is the duration of symptoms...  Read Full »

What is the reason for pain in the penis for the past three months?

Query: Hello doctor, I am male, 43 years old, 6 feet height, and 115 kg weight. Pain in the penis for the past three months now. Have visited two urologists. Have taken a course Zocef 500 mg for five days and applied Candid B cream for one week and taken Forcan 150 mg one tablet and again visited the same...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a possibility of non-gonococcal urethritis because the antibiotics you have taken should have cleared it if it was a routine infection. I would suggest Doxycycline 100 mg morning evening along with Veltam 0.4 bedtime for two weeks. You should start feeling bett...  Read Full »

I have urethritis from the last two months. Am I on the correct treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had urethritis going on for almost two months. I have been tested for all major STDs and have come back negative. My current symptoms are burning sensation in the penis, inflamed meatus, a burning and itchy sensation around the meatus, on and off aching of urethra, no obvious d...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How is your urine flow? Are you sexually active? If yes, then it is possible that you may be getting repeated infections from your partner. Continue with Doxiclat (Doxycycline) at present and complete the course. There is no need for Moxifloxacin. Another possibilit...  Read Full »