Q. Is it normal to have frequent urge to urinate with burning sensation in cervix after sex?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

I and my fiancee had sex with condoms on the third of this month. When we ran out of condoms, I inserted my clean penis into her vagina for hardly 5 to 10 seconds. But as soon as I felt I am going to ejaculate, I withdraw it and I ejaculated on her stomach immediately after taking my penis out. She took Plan B pill after 16 hours just to be sure. We had sex again the next day but it was all with condoms. She noticed white vaginal discharge along with foul smell and pain inside the vagina near the cervical area and burning sensation in the vagina on 5th evening. She is having an urge to pee frequently but little is coming out and it hurts while peeing. What could be the cause? Please help.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Family Physician Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I think she is having a urinary infection plus a vaginal infection. We might need to change antibiotic after culture report.

Urine routine and culture.

UTI with vaginitis.

Plenty of fluids. Start tablet Niftran 100 mg bd for three days till awaiting culture report, support analyzer 2 teaspoons in one cup of water 2 to 3 times a day, tablet Clingen Forte vaginal pessary one tablet to be inserted in the vagina at night for seven days, tablet for Forcan 150 mg just one tablet two hours after meal.

Pass urine before and after intercourse.

| 

What are the preventive measures in case of slippage or breakage of condoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old heterosexual male. I am HIV negative with no known STD. I always have safe sex. I always have very safe sex with girls who are not sex workers. But may have casual sex with others. Generally, I would imagine that they too would be practicing safe sex with their regul...  Read Full »

I am having urine urgency after sexual intercourse. Please advice.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I recently had sex that was a bit more rough than normal. Everything seems fine, I have not had cramping, and my IUD seems to still be in place, and the strings are still fine. The IUD is not poking out of my cervix, and, again, it does not hurt or cramp. Thoug...  Read Full »

Is it risky to have sexual intercourse with type 1 herpes patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I just recently started dating a man that informed me he has type 1 herpes. I want to know the risk factors and protective measures I can take if I choose to start a sexual relationship with him.  Read Full »