Q. Am I experiencing frequent urination and slight itching in the urinary tract because of a urinary tract infection?

Dr. Manwani Saloni Dilip

I am experiencing very slight itching in my urinary tract. Also noticed that I am having frequent urination. Sometimes urination is fine, but it is only two to three drops at times.

#

Hello

Your reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) suggest that you do not have a urinary tract infection but have vaginitis. Therefore, you may take these antibiotics.

1. Novefos sachet at bedtime with a glass of water (single dose).

2. Syrup Cital (Citalopram) two tablespoons twice a day with a glass of water for seven days.

3. Tablet Levoflox (Levofloxacin) 500 mg once a day for five days.

4. Tablet Pan 40 mg (Pantoprazole) before breakfast for five days.

Kindly let me know if you have taken any medicines before?

I took the tablet Nifurant-SR and one more medicine prescribed by the doctor based on my test reports for a week. But I am not experiencing any relief. So please suggest if there is some underlying infection.

#

I have checked your reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). It would help if you took the tablet Levoflox (Levofloxacin) apart from the medicines you already took. Also, there is evidence of vaginal infection on the vaginal smear, but the urine does not show any sign of infection.

|