HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologyurinary tract infectionI have discomfort and a continuous sensation of passing urine every three to four hours. Is it due to a urinary tract infection?

Does discomfort and a continuous sensation of passing urine indicate urinary tract infection?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 2, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 2, 2023

Patient's Query

I have been suffering from a continuous sensation of passing urine with heavy discomfort for three to four hours and am concerned if it is a urinary tract infection. Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. Monica Mathur

I can understand your concern.

The cause of your continuous passage of urine may be due to white discharge urethritis or urinary tract infection. I advise you to follow the below-mentioned instructions.

1. Get a complete blood count and urine microscopic examination done.
  2. Get a pap smear done to rule out vaginal discharge.
  3. Maintain your hygiene by keeping your body clean using anti-septic solutions like Detol diluted in water after every urination.
  4. Use washed and cotton undergarments.

I hope this information will help you.

Patient's Query

Thank you for the reply.

As test reports may take time, can medication be prescribed to relieve the symptoms? Kindly suggest.

Answered by Dr. Monica Mathur

Hello,Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I can understand your concern.

The test reports will be dispatched by evening and the medication can be advised after that. Prescribing antibiotics will not solve the problem if there is no infection in the urinary tract. Kindly get it reviewed with the reports.

I hope this information will help you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Monica Mathur
Dr. Monica Mathur

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy