Q. Why do I get constipation pressure at the tip of penis along with groin pain?

Dr. Francois Pierre Jacques Griesel
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 10, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 02, 2020

I have had constipation for a while. I have the feeling stool stuck at the tip of my penis, and I now have lower left groin pain near the left side of my penis that radiates down to the testicle. It is persistent and it does not go away. I took 500 mg Keflex twice last night and this morning. How long will this pain take to go away or should I go see a doctor to get checked for a hernia? I do have pain when I pass stool and press my penis to urinate. What could be wrong with me?

Dr. Francois Pierre Jacques Griesel

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Your symptoms could indeed be caused by an infection of the urinary tract, prostate or even a collection of small tubes in your testicle. If it is an infection the antibiotics will start work only after 24 to 48 hours.

Your symptoms could also be caused by other issues such as those you mentioned namely an inguinal hernia or even an enlarged prostate gland. I would therefore suggest that you visit your doctor for a thorough examination of your testicles, a digital rectal examination and to make sure that you do not have a hernia.

Furthermore, it will be necessary to examine your urine and perhaps even do a culture to detect a possible infection as well as to identify the organism that causes it to ensure that you are out on the correct antibiotics as Keflex (Cephalexin) might not be appropriate in this case.

I would also suggest that you increase your daily intake of foods that contain a lot of fiber such as whole grains and fruits to ease your constipation and drink at least four glasses of water per day.

|