Q. Why do I get constipation pressure at the tip of penis along with groin pain?

Dr. Francois Pierre Jacques Griesel
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 10, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 02, 2020

I have had constipation for a while. I have the feeling stool stuck at the tip of my penis, and I now have lower left groin pain near the left side of my penis that radiates down to the testicle. It is persistent and it does not go away. I took 500 mg Keflex twice last night and this morning. How long will this pain take to go away or should I go see a doctor to get checked for a hernia? I do have pain when I pass stool and press my penis to urinate. What could be wrong with me?

#

Your symptoms could indeed be caused by an infection of the urinary tract, prostate or even a collection of small tubes in your testicle. If it is an infection the antibiotics will start work only after 24 to 48 hours.

Your symptoms could also be caused by other issues such as those you mentioned namely an inguinal hernia or even an enlarged prostate gland. I would therefore suggest that you visit your doctor for a thorough examination of your testicles, a digital rectal examination and to make sure that you do not have a hernia.

Furthermore, it will be necessary to examine your urine and perhaps even do a culture to detect a possible infection as well as to identify the organism that causes it to ensure that you are out on the correct antibiotics as Keflex (Cephalexin) might not be appropriate in this case.

I would also suggest that you increase your daily intake of foods that contain a lot of fiber such as whole grains and fruits to ease your constipation and drink at least four glasses of water per day.

| 

What is the treatment to prevent recurrent urinary tract infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a urinary tract infection again. I had it two times within past two months. It is the second time. I took Sefdin, and megatas but still no improvement. Please assist me.  Read Full »

What Medicines Can Treat My Left-Sided Groin Pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have left-sided pain in waist and groin region. I was already consulting a urologist and was told that I have an inguinal hernia. But, symptoms of groin pain are due to pancreatic irritation. I have noticed that pain sometimes occurs in different regions and there is bloating in my ...  Read Full »

Please suggest Ayurveda cure for gallstone and prostate enlargement.

Query: Hi doctor, I got gallstone and prostate enlargement and the PSA is 8. Abnormalities are noted in the lung parenchyma or pleura, but no pulmonary nodules seen. Also abnormalities are seen in neck and mediastinum. When I have cold, cough does not stop itself. I drink some water and I think while worki...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now