Q. Kindly review my blood and urine reports.

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 08, 2020

I want to get my blood and urine reports reviewed. There are few things that show in red there. As such, I am fine. The only mild problem I have is burning eyes and palms and a little heavy back head after any meal. My BP ranges between 135 to 140 by 90 to 95 mmHg and blood sugar is 105 to 125 mg/dl (postprandial). I am currently taking antibiotics, Ocid 10, and Amlodipine 5.

#

I have reviewed all the attached laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and want to add that most of your reports are fine. There is increased liver enzyme (GGTP - Gamma-glutamyltransferase) that may be due to any reason but not limited to liver damage due to any liver disease e.g., hepatitis. Heart diseases and certain infections (e.g., pancreas infection) and taking medications that are toxic to the liver may also cause a raised GGT levels. You should consult a hepatologist for further probing and to see if there is anything wrong with the liver. He may go for hepatitis screening if needed. Your present complaints of burning eyes and palms may also be associated with the liver. You said you are taking antibiotics. Having an infection and being on antibiotics may also cause eyes and palms burning.

Your blood sugar tests look normal. Cholesterol levels and other tests also seem to be normal to a large extent. No worries about that. If you do exercises regularly, your LDL (low-density lipoprotein) levels possibly would also come in normal range. You should take more and more water, and do a proper physical activity (exercise) in order to remain properly hydrated and active.

For more information consult a vascular surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/vascular-surgeon

That helps. I am attaching my ultrasound reports. These are few months old, but at that time also my GGTP was around 240. Not sure, why this isolated elevation of enzymes? I am not an alcoholic or a foodie, consume up to 14 units of alcohol in a week (which is within the recommended range, I guess). I do have acidity issues every now and then, for which I take Ocid 10/20. I cannot do much of exercise, as have minor sciatica, but try to compensate by eating less and healthy food. Do I need to worry about this GGTP? Is it serious? Do you recommend any medication?

#

Thanks for uploading more images and details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Well, GGTP in higher range is not normal itself. It should physically be correlated to something. That is why I advised you to consult a hepatologist in-person. He would be able to probe in this matter to find out the extent of seriousness of this issue. Without knowing the complete liver status, it would be difficult to comment on this issue. 14 drinks a week is a stated safe limit for alcohol but remember one man's meat is another man's poison. Your hepatologist may decide if this is the healthy limit for you or not.

|