Q. Why do I feel itchy while urinating?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 26, 2020

I feel cramped, itching and lower abdomen pain during urination. I had intercourse with my partner last month and since then I have faced this problem. I went to meet a gynecologist and she prescribed some medicine and felt fine for 10 days. Then, again I am facing the same problem. Also, I have PCOD. Please help me.

#

• I presume that the sex was an unprotected one. So, there exist dual risks of infection as well as pregnancy.
  • As you have not mentioned about the first one, I think, you had your cycle after the episode.
  • Now, regarding the infection, it could be a urinary infection along with fungal, which is responsible for the itching.
  • First, you need to get your urine test done. Get a urine routine and culture sensitivity test and start the following medicines with your specialist doctor's consent.
  1. Tablet Taxim-O CV (combination of Cefixime and Clavulanate potassium) one tablet twice a day for five days.
  2. Tablet Urispas or Flavospas (Flavoxate) one tablet thrice a day for five days.
  3. Candid CL (Clindamycin) one tablet to be inserted high in vagina for five consecutive nights.

Urine for routine and microscopic examination as well as culture sensitivity.

Revert back with the test reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Which acne cream is causing dry, flaky skin around eyes and burns on cheek?

Query: Hi doctor,Recently I have been prescribed Tretinoin 0.25 cream and Benzaclin gel for my mild acne but ever since I started I have been getting dry and flaky skin around my eyes and mouth and burns on my cheek. Which cream is causing this? And how do I continue using them, if so?  Read Full »

What medicines can be had for burning sensation in the anus and vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sensation of burning in the anus and vagina. An ultrasound scan was done and a urine culture was also done. I have a UTI and a Bartholin cyst. The culture grew E. coli. As regards medicines, I have taken Urispas, Candid-V6 for 10 days. I also took Voveran injections...  Read Full »

There are thick lumpy nodes and white discharge from foreskin. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I was treated with Fluconazole 400 mg once daily and applied Sertaconazole twice daily for 10 days but thick lumpy nodes show in the foreskin and also a thick white discharge under the foreskin.This area also deep shown. Please advice. My sugar level is normal and HbA1c is 5.9. There ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»