Urine Leakage

After urination, a few drops of urine are dripping which I cannot control. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, After urination a few drops are coming through my penis, I cannot control. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem, but you have provided very less information to solve the problem. Kindly provide the following information about yourself, 1. Age. 2.Occupation and religion. And since how long you are having this problem? 3. A number of drops that a...  Read Full »

What causes inflammation of the urinary meatus?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last five weeks, I have had an irritated urinary meatus opening. My urine tends to leak after I have urinated, and there is a lot of redness inside the pee hole. I have had a full STD test including HIV, and all came back negative, which was done twice. I have attached two photos...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).The opening looks normal, there is slight inflammation, but do not worry. It is good that all your blood tests and urine are clear. But, it is better to have one antibiotics course and ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel burning sensation and incomplete bladder emptying?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 42 years old, and I had a bacterial infection. I took anti-bacterial and anti-fungus medication. Now, I have a burning sensation while going pee and I feel like I have an unemptied bladder. I have an urge to pee. I also have a feeling of having leakage. I am taking the following med...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from recurrent urinary tract infection. Please explain about the bacterial infection you had and about the medication taken. Please explain the reason for taking Aspirin.  Read Full »

I am facing problem with leakage of urine. Is there any medicine to help?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have been to the urologist and had a cystoscopy because I was having problems with leakage of urine after I pee and urgency. The doctor said my prostate was slightly larger than normal and gave me some medicines. Those medicines did not help with the symptoms, and he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How much urine do you leak after urination? How many times you get up at night to urinate? How is the flow? Your cystoscopy looks to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please get an ultrasound pre and post-void volumes, a bladder diary with the r...  Read Full »

My urethral opening is red and lumpy. Is it herpes or warts?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last three months, my urethral opening is a little swollen. The inside of the opening seems to be red and lumpy. I seem to be leaking a lot of urine after urinating. My urine also has some kind of clear floating object on top. I am scared if this is herpes or warts or HPV. My fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.From the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your glans seem to be having an area of visible veins, and it does not look like wart or herpes. Also, it has no surrounding inflammation. The meatus looks perfectly normal. The normal color inside the meatus...  Read Full »

I have continuous leakage of urine. Please tell me what is causing this.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking Furosemide (Lasix) for swollen legs prescribed by PCP 20 milligrams daily as needed since last year. This was during a followup following a hospitalization for swollen legs due to feet infection. The hospital doctor said that the swelling would go down in time, but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. I do not think the problem is due to Furosemide. You may be suffering from severe form of stress urinary incontinence which is very common at this age. The cause and severity of stress incontinence are to be found out. I suggest you see a uro...  Read Full »

What causes an elderly man to not be able to hold his urine?

Query: Hello doctor, My 76-year-old father had urinary infection last month with a high number of pus cells. The infection started with fever and shivering and slight pain with urination. The doctor prescribed Oflox 200 mg twice a day. After that, he was also prescribed ultrasound scanning. In the scanning...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This urgency and leak of urine are age-related. I can suggest him a medicine but it might cause some postvoid residual urine and more chance of infection. If the problem is very severe, only then give him the medicine. I suggest tablet Soliten (Solifenacin) 5 ...  Read Full »

Is it true that my urinary problems cannot be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, Since the last 20 days, I am having urinary problems. My symptoms are poor urine stream, less volume of urine, the frequency of urination is more if I drink more fluids, urinary retention, pain in the area which is near the left side of the penis, and post void dribbling. My doctor to...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before a month, how was your urinary flow? If there is a sudden decrease in the flow then get an x-ray KUB (kidney, urethra, and bladder), including the penile urethra, as kidney stone may be missed in an ultrasound. Also, share the urine analysis report. I suggest y...  Read Full »

Can essential tremor cause post-micturition dribble and a diminished sense of smell?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male who was diagnosed with essential tremor six years ago. Presently, I have tremors only in my right hand and thumb, but it feels like my entire body wants to move. Before, I used to get tremors on some movement, but nowadays, it is present even while at rest. I am...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the history which you have provided, it seems to be a progressive neurological condition. Essential tremor is diagnosed when there is no pathology in the brain, and the cause is idiopathic or unknown. But in your case, it is a bit of concern as you have developed...  Read Full »