Q. What causes difficulty in urination, back soreness, fullness in the lower tummy, and difficulty in defecation?

Dr. Karthik Rajan

I am a 24-year-old male. I have difficulty in urination. I also have lower back soreness, fullness in the lower tummy, and difficulty in defecation. I do not have pain before and after urinating. I had done a few tests, and all were normal (PSA, urine test, USG, uroflowmetry). What could be the reason for my issues?

#

I read your query and understand your concern. I would like to know a few more details to answer your question better.

1. What is your most significant complaint? Urinary problem or difficulty during defecation or pain?

2. What was your first symptom, and for how long have you had the symptoms?

3. Do you have any other urinary symptoms like frequent urination, an urgency to pass urine, or a burning sensation during urination?

4. How significant is your constipation?

From your symptoms and that all your urinary tests have been normal, it is possible that because of the constant strain to defecate could have effects on the urinary tract as well. I suggest you take a high-fiber diet and, if necessary, some mild stool softener to relieve constipation and reassess after a couple of weeks. If the urinary symptoms are persistent, a cystoscopy can be planned to ensure no abnormalities in the urethra and urinary bladder.

|