Urine Pcr

Can Levaquin be used for gonorrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, I did IgG test for HSV-1 and HSV-2 after four months of possible exposure, which was negative. Is it conclusive? Is there any need to do IgM test? If IgG is negative, can I consider that I am not infected?  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The time required for IgG (immunoglobulin G) antibodies to develop after the exposure to HSV (herpes simplex virus) is usually 21 to 42 days. A negative HSV IgG means that you have probably not been exposed to HSV. HSV IgM (immunoglobulin M) will tell whether you have ...  Read Full »

Is my kidney deteriorating?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old male. 18 months ago, my serum creatinine and blood urea were 0.9 mg/dL and 15 mg/dL respectively. Around a year back, it was 1.2 mg/dL and 25 mg/dL and now, 1.2 mg/dL and 38 mg/dL respectively. I do not have diabetes. It is 94 mg/dL at fasting. The blood pressure is 11...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is your weight and BMI (body mass index)? Are you obese or have a significant tummy? Get a urine routine and microscopy and UPCR (urine protein to creatinine ratio) for excluding any kidney problem. Your creatinine is fine, but still, the tests mentione...  Read Full »

Is it fine to start treatment for TB before the test report comes positive?

Query: Hi doctor, My father aged 62 had undergone the kidney stone removal on both the kidneys. But, after one week of removal he suffered frequent urination with heavy pain. We have tested urine culture report and result is negative. Again we took an UV scan and come to know that the¬†bladder size is redu...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the reports and prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the report he has a decreased renal function with increased serum creatinine levels as well as urinary infection seen as increased pus cells. Whenever the culture ...  Read Full »