Q. I peed directly in the wrapper of the pregnancy test kit and used that urine to check. Is it reliable?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I had unprotected intercourse 45 days ago and got my periods on the expected due date for last month. The bleeding lasted for four days. I have swollen axillary lymph nodes along with a cough. I consulted a doctor, and he said it is a bacterial infection and prescribed me Bigcef-CV 625 mg, Dolo, and Pan-D. I took a pregnancy test for reassurance. The concern is that I peed directly in the Prega News kit wrapper itself after removing all the material provided and took the urine from the wrapper to check. May I trust the result from it?

Kindly help.

#

I would appreciate sharing your menstrual history for a better assessment of your pregnancy chances. You had unprotected intercourse 45 days ago, and if I assume that you have 25 days to 32 days cycle, then your chances of ovulation are less on the day of your intercourse. As you had periods after almost a month, then most likely you are not pregnant. And also, if you are pregnant, you would have developed some other signs of pregnancy by now.

Since Prega News is a readily available kit, I recommend you retake a test with the first urine of the day for an accurate result. In addition, please adhere to all the guidelines written on the kit package, especially for the timelines, as it gets confusing otherwise.

God bless.

|