Uroflow Test

Kindly suggest a treatment for hematuria.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 76 year old male. I have hematuria for the past two months. My prostate was normal in the USG report and the culture report did not show any growth of microorganisms. I took Levofloxacin for 10 days, but now my doctor prescribed Tranexamic 500 IV. I am also suffering from a lumbar...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hematuria has to be taken seriously. If ultrasonography is normal, then I suggest you go for a CT scan and urine cytology. If these are also negative, then a cystoscopy should be done. The usual cause of blood in urine is a prostate problem. So, if no other cause is fou...  Read Full »

My sister suffers a lot due to frequent urination. Is it good to take Cystopen for it?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 20 years old. She has a problem of frequent urination. She has to urinate numerous times. She has undergone cystoscopy and urodynamics test. She has a small and weak bladder with 350 mL capacity. But, the reason behind frequent urination has to be diagnosed still. The doctor ...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh Badaku Desai

General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I went through your sister's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your sister's uroflow study shows an average flow rate of 13.5 mL per second (normal more than 15 mL per second) and a desire to micturate and bladder capaci...  Read Full »

What causes frequent urges to urinate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old, active male. My height is 6 feet and weight is 175 lbs. Previously, I had Zoloft for anxiety. Now, I am just doing exercise, eating healthy food and vitamins. I have been diagnosed with prostatitis a few times in the past few months. I was also diagnosed with this roug...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and treatment details. You definitely had on and off history of prostatitis in the past and now you are taking Bactrim (combination of Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim) since 3 to 4 weeks. I have some questions for you. How is your urine ...  Read Full »

What causes severe kidney pain and frequent urination?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a stone former since my 30s, and I was able to pass stones just by medicines. They are uric acid stones. I have a regular ultrasound and is updated with my kidney's health. I also was treated with shockwave for stones for five consecutive occasions. My last was two years ago. I felt...  Read Full »

Dr. Manzoor Ahmad Parry

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query based on your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity); it seems your problems are due to enlarged prostate. I would advise routine urine examination and urine culture and sensitivity. In the meanwhile, you can also do uroflowmetry. ...  Read Full »

How to cure my strange urinary problem?

Query: Hi doctor, When I drink a glass of water, immediately my bladder gives a feel of overload and continuously I am in a need to use the washroom. Actually, I have been suffering with this problem for the past 5 years. Also, only there is an urge to urinate, but it comes out as a drop. I feel this as m...  Read Full »

Dr. Uphar Gupta

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a varied amount of reasons for this to happen from the bladder to the spinal cord. Let us take the simple ones first. While micturition stop your urine in the middle and then let go. Do it again and again. It is an exercise to your muscles and will help you a lo...  Read Full »

Kindly tell me ways to overcome pain while urinating.

Query: Hi doctor, I am not sure exactly when I started having a split stream urination problem, but I really worried about it recently. I mean, it never really used to bother me besides the occasional mess and I used to think it was more a result of tight underwear or something. My urine basically splits...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Splaying of urinary stream does not always mean a problem, but is important to rule out significant urinary tract pathology like urethral stricture, bladder neck dyssynergia, etc. As an initial evaluation, you can get an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters and urinary bladder...  Read Full »

Why has my urine flow reduced after ureter stone removal?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a stone in my left ureter. The stone was removed and a stent was placed for two months through surgery. After the stent was removed, I noticed a drastic change in my urine flow. Also, I am having regular pain in the lower part of my kidney. I had no issue in urine flow or any pain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The decrease in your urine flow following the procedure could be due to a stricture anywhere in the urethra. You should get a uroflometry done to confirm the diagnosis. It should be followed by an ascending urethrogram to locate the stricture. Most of these strictures can...  Read Full »

How to get rid of frequent urination?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried male. Approximately six to seven years back, I had a urinary infection. I was told to take an antibiotic course, which I did not complete at that time. The infection was not fully cured and it used to come and go. During urination, I sometimes used to have one...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stop worrying about the problems, which you are experiencing are aggravated by stress. It is not a dangerous problem and can be solved. Your previous urine infection does not necessarily play a role in what you have today. Drink only as much liquid as you feel like. Exces...  Read Full »

I have slower urine stream with discharge from penis. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a prostate congestion issue that comes and goes from 2 years. Lately I am having a slower urine stream even slower than the times I had my prostate congestion before, also I am having uncomfortable feeling above my anus, itchy or uncofortable feeling at the tip of my penis, and...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like prostatitis, chronic (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Often in this condition, diagnosis is clinical, most tests are negative. On rectal exam, sometimes prostate can feel tender. sonography can show swollen prostate. Uroflow may be reduce...  Read Full »

Is it normal to constrict your muscles to urinate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 53 years old with type 2 insulin dependent diabetes. For the past five years, my urine stream has become slow. As the stream is slow, I cannot stand and urinate. But, I feel that the bladder is empty after urination. In all scans the prostate is normal including the latest one. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know few more details to help you in a better way. Do you have any stress incontinence? Is there involuntary dribbling of urine when coughing? Do you have any urgency that is unable to control passing urine once you got the thought of passing urine? Do yo...  Read Full »