Using Estrogen

Kindly suggest a way to control continuous abnormal vaginal bleeding.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 45 years old. Since last month, she has had continuous abnormal vaginal bleeding. She has been prescribed by doctor Deviry 10 mg twice a day. Even after one week of medication, no improvement has been seen. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I totally understand your situation. If the bleeding has not responded to Deviry (Medroxy progesterone), then I would suggest you take her to the hospital and get her admitted. She would need some blood work done to see her blood parameter, also would require injectable P...  Read Full »

I am not being lustful and not getting lubricated easily. Is it fine to take Estrogen tablets?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 26 years old. I am not being lustful lately and not getting lubricated easily. So I want to ask that is it fine to have Estrogen tablets. Are there any adverse side effects of it?  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern about your symptoms. No, you should not use estrogen tablets without an endocrinologist or a gynecologist review. Decreased lust or libido can be due to, 1. Infections. 2. Diabetes and hypertension. 3. Hormonal disturbances like low t...  Read Full »

How To Delay Periods Without Any Side Effects?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 year old female, and I am getting married this month, and I am going for my honeymoon. So, I want to delay my periods without any side effect. I am still a virgin, so I do not want to ruin my honeymoon. So, please suggest the best medicine. When to start taking it, in what dose, ...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me start by congratulating you in advance for your wedding. There are many methods, all using hormones, to either prepone or postpone the period. I would like to suggest the simplest and the best method. I would not confuse you with too many dates, as these hormone...  Read Full »

Why do I have radiating lower back pain during sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 54 years old. My weight is 145 lbs and height is 5'7". Almost every night I am getting severe pain in my right hip and groin. The pain is sharp and burning. It radiates down to my right leg. However, it completely dissipates after about 15 minutes of walking around. Always the pain o...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query completely. I do not think this pain is due to appendicitis or ureteric stone. They will cause severe pain and does not relieve by walking. You are taking Forte for osteoporosis which does not cause you this problem. It may be due to cramps, whi...  Read Full »

I am a 17 year old girl. Using estrogen for about 10 months now. I have become more feminine and contented.

Query: Hello, I am a 17 year old girl. I am using estrogen for about 10 months now. I became more feminine and contented, it has changed my life, but when I stop using it, in time I become the same as I was before. So I would want to ask you if I could block my testosterone if  I am under 18? This would b...  Read Full »

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing icliniq.com.There are so many ways to block the testosterone naturally. As you are already using estrogen, I must tell you that there will be more complications with that in long term use. As there are many causes of increased testosterone you need to be diagnosed by a pro...  Read Full »

Is my thyroid profile normal? Kindly let me know.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 58-year-old female with a history of hysterectomy twenty years before. Now, I have osteoporosis and I do not want to take a medicine after viewing all the side effects. I am having difficulty in losing weight despite many diets. After searching on the web, I decid...  Read Full »

Dr. Roli Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your thyroid profile is absolutely normal. Your other hormones show postmenopausal status which is normal at your age. For osteoporosis, you should take calcium and vitamin D which you are already taking. You should also start with hormone therapy for th...  Read Full »

My wife had three miscarriages. What should we do to have a healthy baby?

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing on behalf of my wife. She is 28 years old. She has PCOD. We have been trying for a baby for the past three and a half years. My wife conceived thrice, but all the times, the pregnancy got aborted in the second month. We have checked with infertility specialists in my area....  Read Full »

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Childbirth Educator, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern regarding your wife's recurrent miscarriages.  She can take these measures in the next pregnancy if she had missed any in the previous ones: Start taking Folic Acid 5 mcg once a day and tablet Ecosprin (Aspirin) 75 mcg onc...  Read Full »