Q. I am a 17 year old girl. Using estrogen for about 10 months now. I have become more feminine and contented.

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

I am a 17 year old girl. I am using estrogen for about 10 months now. I became more feminine and contented, it has changed my life, but when I stop using it, in time I become the same as I was before. So I would want to ask you if I could block my testosterone if  I am under 18? This would be my dream come true.

#

Hi, Thank you for choosing icliniq.com.

• There are so many ways to block the testosterone naturally.
  • As you are already using estrogen, I must tell you that there will be more complications with that in long term use.
  • As there are many causes of increased testosterone you need to be diagnosed by a professional about the cause of your symptoms.
  • With the proper diagnosis only we can decrease the levels of testosterone.
  • Usually in girls, the ovary also will produce some amount of testosterone but if it is high that indicates there is a problem and that might be due to Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) or ovarian tumour or with girls using steroids.
  • Even some antiepileptic drugs also cause increased levels of testosterone. Once you are diagnosed and treated accordingly your testosterone levels will automatically come down. Take care.

Revert back to a general medicine physician online for further help --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|