Q. Can fibroids shrink with ayurvedic medication in a perimenopausal woman?

Answered by
Dr. Alka
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am 42 years old and have been diagnosed with multiple uterine fibroids. Two of them are a little more than 3 cm at different places in the uterus. In the past, I have been operated for endometriosis level 4. As usual, the gynecologist is suggesting a hysterectomy. But since I am in my perimenopausal phase, can the fibroids shrink with medication? I have been suggested Fibroease.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

The medicine you are taking is good for your condition. If you want to try shrinking it with medicine alone, you can continue that.

Along with that, I advise you to visit a nearby Ayurveda physician or a panchakarma center and ask for the procedure related to fibroids. Usually, Virechana which is a purgation therapy which is done and also medicine is given. It helps some patients in getting relief.

Thank you doctor,

I have not consulted any Ayurvedic doctor till now but I am wanting to. Meanwhile, can I start the medication prescribed by you? Should I take Fibroease or not? My body has been a guinea pig for all the doctors. Right from Decapeptyl injections to OCP and what not, they have tried everything. That is why, now I am scared of taking any allopathy treatment. And since I am in my perimenopausal phase, I would be glad if surgery could be avoided.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I just read your query and saw your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). One fibroid is in the outer layer of the uterus while others are in the muscular layer.

Continue your allopathic tablet as advised. Along with that, take Ayurvedic treatment but keep a time gap between your allopathic and Ayurvedic medicine.

I will provide you with a management plan. Follow it for one month. After one month, repeat your ultrasound to see the effect. In between one month, if you feel any trouble, you can consult your nearby Ayurveda physician.

  • Tablet Kanchnaar Guggulu two tablets two times a day with lukewarm water after food. Do not swallow these tablets. First of all, chew them and then take it with lukewarm water.
  • Haridra khanda two teaspoons with lukewarm water or lukewarm milk two times a day.
  • Pradarantaka churna two teaspoons with lukewarm water two times a day.
  • Aloe vera juice 15 ml with water two times a day.
  • Do brisk walk daily at least for 30 minutes.
  • Do Suryanamaskara daily if you can do. You can learn all postures but do it carefully without hurting yourself.
  • Adopt a healthy lifestyle like try to sleep around 10 PM in the night and wake up early in the morning.
  • Eat fresh and healthy food.
  • Avoid excessive oily, spicy, junk food and caffeinated drinks.

You will get all these medicines easily in an Ayurvedic pharmacy or online. Follow this management for one month and consult me after one month regarding improvement and for further management.

Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Kindly advise ayurveda treatment for uterine fibroid.

Query: Hi doctor,I have a fibroid of 9.6 × 6.9 cm. It is an intramural fibroid. I have heavy bleeding and back pain during my periods. I also have PCOS. I am taking Rasagandhi mezhugu. What medicine should I take along with Rasagandhi mezhugu for fibroid? Since the size of my fibroid is big, please give m...  Read Full »

Can uterine fibroid be cured without surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49 year old female, and I have a uterine fibroid. I have heavy bleeding from two or three months. What to do? What medicines can I take? Is it curable without surgery? Please advise. I am taking Kanchanar Guggulu from ten days.  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.