Q. Can uterine fibroid be cured without surgery?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 02, 2019

I am a 49 year old female, and I have a uterine fibroid. I have heavy bleeding from two or three months. What to do? What medicines can I take? Is it curable without surgery? Please advise. I am taking Kanchanar Guggulu from ten days.

#

The heavy bleeding may be due to the fibroid and menopausal symptoms. Hence, we need to treat fibroid and hormonal imbalance.

For your condition, I suggest you try taking the following medicines. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

1. Tablet Aloes compound, two tablets thrice a day.
  2. Capsule Rasagandhi Mezhugu, one tablet twice a day.
  3. Tablet Chitramoola Kuligai, one tablet twice a day.

You need to continue these drugs for three months. Within one week, the bleeding will stop. Then gradually, the uterine fibroid will be reduced in size. After few more months, your uterus will become normal.

If you can collect or buy the bark of jambul tree, crush 50 gm of the bark with 300 ml of water. Boil in mild flame, and reduce it to 50 ml. Then drink it. This should be consumed in the morning and evening on an empty stomach. This has the potential to stop the excess bleeding.

Use banana flower in cooking. It is also good to control uterine bleeding.

Another option is using hormones given by a gynecologist, but that should be your last option. This drug gives only symptomatic relief, it does not reduce the fibroid uterus size.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|