Q. Can uterine fibroid be cured without surgery?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on May 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 02, 2019

I am a 49 year old female, and I have a uterine fibroid. I have heavy bleeding from two or three months. What to do? What medicines can I take? Is it curable without surgery? Please advise. I am taking Kanchanar Guggulu from ten days.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

The heavy bleeding may be due to the fibroid and menopausal symptoms. Hence, we need to treat fibroid and hormonal imbalance.

For your condition, I suggest you try taking the following medicines. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

1. Tablet Aloes compound, two tablets thrice a day.
  2. Capsule Rasagandhi Mezhugu, one tablet twice a day.
  3. Tablet Chitramoola Kuligai, one tablet twice a day.

You need to continue these drugs for three months. Within one week, the bleeding will stop. Then gradually, the uterine fibroid will be reduced in size. After few more months, your uterus will become normal.

If you can collect or buy the bark of jambul tree, crush 50 gm of the bark with 300 ml of water. Boil in mild flame, and reduce it to 50 ml. Then drink it. This should be consumed in the morning and evening on an empty stomach. This has the potential to stop the excess bleeding.

Use banana flower in cooking. It is also good to control uterine bleeding.

Another option is using hormones given by a gynecologist, but that should be your last option. This drug gives only symptomatic relief, it does not reduce the fibroid uterus size.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

Will fibroid affect fertility?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old married female. I have retention cyst and seedling fibroid. I have this for the past eight months. Can you please let me know if there will be a problem in having a baby? Is this a pcod cyst? Is any treatment required? Or will it go off without treatment? Please clear...  Read Full »

Uterine fibroid is pushing the endometrial cavity. Can I conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I have been diagnosed with uterine fibroid with submucosal extension. Following are the results: The Uterus is retroverted and measured 10.9 x 8.8 x 8.7 cm. It is bulky. An intramural fibroid of 6.8 x 5.6 x 6.0 cm is also seen in the posterior wall. The fibroid is pushing the...  Read Full »

Kindly advise ayurveda treatment for uterine fibroid.

Query: Hi doctor,I have a fibroid of 9.6 × 6.9 cm. It is an intramural fibroid. I have heavy bleeding and back pain during my periods. I also have PCOS. I am taking Rasagandhi mezhugu. What medicine should I take along with Rasagandhi mezhugu for fibroid? Since the size of my fibroid is big, please give m...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now