Q. Is it safe to use Fibroease to control excessive bleeding due to fibroids?

Dr. Isaac Gana

My mother has large uterine fibroids, because of which she is experiencing excessive bleeding. She is 50 years old. She has a cardiac problem with an ejection fraction of 20 %. Apart from this, she also has a history of high pressure (for more than 15 years), diabetes (detected recently), and hypothyroid (for more than a decade). Doctors are saying no to surgery because of her medical problems. I have attached the reports. A gynecologist suggested Fibroease 25 (Mifepristone) but asked us to get a confirmation from a cardiologist. Please suggest some medicine or is Fibroease safe to start? She needs some medicines urgently to stop the bleeding. She is taking the following medications for the cardiac problem: Cardivas 12.5 mg, Digoxin 0.25 mg, Tide 10 and 20 mg, Ecosprin AV, and Sartel 40 mg. The medications for fibroids and bleeding are Danazol, Orofer XT, Meftal Spas, Gynae CVP, Calcium, etc. Her thyroxin and HbA1c levels are 50 and 9.3 % respectively. HIV and HBs(AG) tests are non-reactive.

#

I understand your concern.

I have gone through all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient's identity).

Fibroease (Mifepristone) will help a lot in reducing the size of the uterine fibroid and to control the bleeding. But in the beginning, she might encounter heavy bleeding when she starts taking Fibroease combined with Ecosprin (Aspirin), as bleeding is a side effect of the drug.

I suggest trying Fibroease on a low dosage and monitor the severity of bleeding. If there is massive and continuous bleeding, Fibroease dosage should be reduced further. She has to be under the supervision of her gynecologist. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicine with their consent.

I wish her a quick recovery. Best regards.

For further queries consult a cardiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|