Q. Is my mother's endometrial thickness abnormal?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 01, 2020

My mother, who is 50 years, has been complaining of painful uterine contractions. We took her to the doctor and she prescribed Urispas tablets. Also, told us to follow up once her period finishes as her endometrium thickness was abnormal. We did the follow up and I have attached the USG report. She has also been complaining of bloating and heaviness below the stomach area. Please do advice me on what modes of action should be taken. Is this something to worry about?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have seen your mother's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and gone through her history.

• In my opinion her USG is fine and showing some small fibroids.
  • She should get her urine culture and sensitivity test done to rule out the infection and for further management.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

What can be done about the fibroids? Is her endometrium lining thickness abnormal?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Yes, her endometrial thickness should be less than 8 mm at her age. It is a little bit high, but not very high. It could be due to fibroid also.

| 
Please go through the biopsy report and let me know if there is anything worthy of concern. Thanks a lot!

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
# Hi Kripa,

No need to worry about it.
Your reports are perfectly fine and it is showing secretary endometrium which is not a problem.

Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Regards

|