Q. Please suggest some Ayurvedic medicines to reduce fibroids.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

I am a 27-year-old female. Three years ago, I underwent myomectomy, and a large fibroid was removed. After that I was fine. For the past one month, I have bleeding with pain. Now the scan has shown more than three intramural fibroids. There is a fibroid which is large measuring 40 x 35 mm. My uterus is healthy in all the aspects. My thyroid test was also normal. Please suggest some Ayurvedic medicine to reduce my fibroids.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

The Siddha or Ayurvedic drugs can be taken as early as possible after diagnosing the fibroids. The herbal therapy will ensure the shrinkage of the fibroid with no more growth or new formation and also prepare the uterus for pregnancy. Follow these drugs which are advised to you. Take capsule Rasagandhi Mezhugu one in the morning and one in the evening after taking food. While consuming this capsule, drink one cup of buttermilk (curd with water). Take tablet Chithramoola kuligai or take tablet Tumowin (Carum copticum with Plumbago indica) one in the morning and one in the night after food. Take Van kumari legium one spoon (five gram) in the morning and one spoon in the evening before food. Take tablet M2 tone (Ashoka and Ashwagandha) two tablets in the morning and two tablets in the evening after meal.

You can take a banana flower after cooking, and jamun fruits can be consumed more if the bleeding is more. If you can collect the bark of jamun tree, then its kashayam is the best one to stop the bleeding. Make it as small pieces of the bark. Take 20 grams of the cut barks, add 250 ml of water, and boil it in a mild flame. Once the water is reduced to 100 ml, then stop firing it. Filter it, and this is called as jamun bark kashayam. Drink this kashayam every morning.

Similarly, prepare a new one every day and drink in the evening before taking food. You can make together in the morning itself. Continue these drugs for three months. Then, take an ultrasonogram of the abdomen to confirm the reduction in size.

| 

Thanks a lot doctor.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

How will a 7 mm uterine fibroid impact my life?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female, and today I went for an ultrasound scan of the abdomen, as advised by my family physician. My test report shows small hypoechoic lesion of 7 mm in the fundus myometrium. It is indicative of a fibroid, and my endometrial thickness is 7 mm. What is the meanin...  Read Full »

Kindly advise ayurveda treatment for uterine fibroid.

Query: Hi doctor,I have a fibroid of 9.6 × 6.9 cm. It is an intramural fibroid. I have heavy bleeding and back pain during my periods. I also have PCOS. I am taking Rasagandhi mezhugu. What medicine should I take along with Rasagandhi mezhugu for fibroid? Since the size of my fibroid is big, please give m...  Read Full »

I have submucosal uterine fibroid. Will it affect my pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old woman. I was healthy and normal. But before two months, I was detected with a 2 cm x 1.8 cm x 2 cm submucosal fibroid in the uterus due to which I am feeling very dejected now. Please guide me.  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now