Q. Can echo-free lumen of my urinary bladder be a cause for miscarriage?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I have got ultrasound results in which my urinary bladder is partially filled and has an echo-free lumen.

Can this be a cause for miscarriage?

#

I have read your concern in detail and I will surely help you out.

Generally, the echo-free lumen suggests urinary infection so there is an infection in your bladder and urinary infections are a very common cause of abortions or miscarriage.

However, you will need two more tests that are urine routine microscopy and urine culture.

Also, start treatment for urinary infection with the following medications:

1. The tablet Martifur MR (Nitrofurantoin) 100 mg twice daily for seven days.
  2. The tablet Levoflox (Levofloxacin) 750 mg once a day for five days.

You can share your reports with me or with your local physician, as further treatment will be guided by the reports.

Once your infection is cured, chances of miscarriage will decrease to a great extent.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert back in case of further queries.

|