Q. How to treat UTIs and swollen, itchy vaginal wall?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I have a UTI (urinary tract infection) and I am taking Amoxicillin. I think the antibiotics may have caused a yeast infection. I am unsure if that is what it is, if the issue is greater and if I should go to the ER based on my symptoms. The exterior part of my vagina feels swollen and itchy like it got stung by a bee. Please help.

#

Yes, you are suffering from UTI (urinary tract infection). Your diagnosis is correct. However, you will need more than one antibiotic and more potent antibiotics for treatment. Which antibiotic is to be used is the decision of the examining doctor. Once your doctor examines you and makes the diagnosis, treatment can be given. You will need a week's course of antibiotics and will be completely fine.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|