Q. Why is my wife getting recurrent typhoid and UTI infection?

Dr. Neeru Bharadwaj
Published on Jan 11, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am asking questions on behalf of my wife. She is breastfeeding and we have a baby aged 3 months. Every 2-4 months she keeps getting typhoid and UTI infection. Recently, she had fever, pain in hands and legs. For the third time she has been diagnosed with typhoid and widal test reports came weakly positive. Current symptoms are light headache, sudden feeling of cold more than normal, weakness, feels exhausted and also she has UTI. There is only one symptom that she feels burning sensation 2-3 minutes after urination. Currently, she is on antibiotics and taking Zithrox plus, Zentax, Ubinext LC and Paracetamol. Before pregnancy, she had taken Baptisia tinctoria, a homeopathic medicine and was well within 5 days. Can she take the same homeopathic medicine while breastfeeding? Please suggest homeopathic medicine for typhoid and UTI. I have attached her widal test reports for your reference. 

Her CBC tests are as follows: Hemoglobin 12.1 g/dL and TLC 7400 cells/cubicmm. Polymorphs 51%, lymphocyte count 43%, monocyte 1%, eosinophil count 5%, basophil count 0%, platelet count is 2.3 lakhs per cubic mm and total RBC count 4.90.

#

Thanks for the detailed symptoms you have told about your wife. I have checked her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• As she is having tendency towards typhoid more, try to keep a check on her dietary lifestyle also along with other measures you are taking.
  • Antibiotics are harmful and body becomes resistant to them slowly. It is also not good for the baby.
  • Secondly about UTI (urinary tract infection), which she more often developed, is due to E.coli bacteria (Escherichia coli) infection that she is having in her stomach lining.
  • You can take homeopathy medicines safely and try to cut allopathy medicine while breastfeeding.
  • Start with the following medication and follow these guidelines given below:
  1. Take Cantharis 30 potency medicine. Add five drops in lukewarm water and drink in the morning and evening. Take a gap of half an hour from food.
  2. Start taking LIV 52 syrup one teaspoon every morning for liver strength. 
  3. Take Citralka (Disodium hydrogen citrate) syrup by mixing one teaspoon in a glass of water and drink for UTI.
  4. Eat more lemon or drink lemon juice. Drink 3 liters of water.
  5. If you still have fever, then just have Paracetamol tablets in low dose.

For further information consult a homeopathic physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/homeopathic-physician

Can she take Baptisia tinctoria for typhoid? Please suggest.

#

• No, do not give her that now. Cantharis will take care of that too.
  • Please do not take self-medication.

Revert back after a week to a homeopathic physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/homeopathic-physician

What do you think about drinking water from copper vessels?

Query: Hello doctor, I read about the ancient practice of drinking water from copper vessels. Is it really good for health? My 3 year old son has wheezing and respiratory problems. Also, once he was admitted to hospital for sepsis. He is using the Foracort inhaler twice a day and Zincovit syrup once a day....  Read Full »

While breastfeeding, can I get my damaged tooth out?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 4-month-baby boy. I am doing breastfeeding. My tooth is entirely damaged. So I am planning to remove my tooth. Is it correct or not? I am taking medicine for it. Please tell me a suggestion.  Read Full »

Benefits of Breastfeeding and a Few Tips to New Mothers

Article Overview: There are so many misconceptions about breastfeeding, so here are some tips for the new mothers.  Read Article

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Lactation Counselor

Breastfeeding is the most beautiful thing for the mother and the baby in humans, just as for all mammals. There are so many misconceptions about breastfeeding and always a new mother will be in a confused state regarding breastfeeding. Here are some tips for the new mothers. When Should One St...  Read Article

Ask a Homeopathic Physician Now