Vaccination For Hepatitis

What are the consequences of giving improperly refrigerated vaccine to a baby?

Query: Hi doctor, I do want to vaccinate my baby with Avaxim 80 second dose. But, the vaccine is stored in the refrigerator at doctor chamber. Due to power outage for 18 hours, what shall I do? Please advise me.  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The storage temperature for the vaccine is 2 to 8 degree Celsius. In the case of 18 hours of power cut, I do not think that the refrigerator would have maintained that temperature. So, I would not recommend such vaccine. For further information consult a paediatrician...  Read Full »

What are the chances of an epidermal prick while tattooing getting infected?

Query: Hi doctor, Four days ago I visited a tattoo shop. It is a small one and I think he will do only temporary ones. Suddenly, I got a hit on the backside of my right thumb. I stopped him as he did not change the needle. Little piercing was done till my epidermis of skin. I am scared. What should I do no...  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Kshirsagar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are lot of medical issues which can occur from tattooing like HIV infection, tetanus, hepatitis B and C and allergic reactions. Nowadays tattooists reduced such risks by following universal precautions, working with single use items, and sterilizing their equip...  Read Full »

My paediatrician mentioned a few vaccines are optional. What does that mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a baby girl (45 days old). There are some vaccinations in this period. Our pediatrician suggests vaccination option for DTwP/DTaP-1, OPV1/OPV1+IVP1, Hib vaccination, hepatitis B vaccination by oral administration or by injection. What is the difference between it and which one ...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. 1. Optional vaccines are given in special and high-risk kids. Does your child is any one of them? 2. Yes, in the market there are various brands of different vaccines. 3. There is no limit for optional vaccines. 4. If a baby is healthy ...  Read Full »

Medicine and diet plan for high bilirubin levels

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34-year-old male. I am suffering from jaundice. Last week my eyes have turned slightly yellowish and after that, I had my blood test and hepatitis test. Tests show positive, bilirubin levels are 10 mg/dl. Can you suggest me medicine and diet plan?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have possibly hepatitis which needs to be checked for the type of hepatitis. So viral serology needs to be done. Regarding diet, you have to take vegetables, fresh fruits, and avoid oily and fatty stuff. Most of the hepatitis is self-rem...  Read Full »

What are the preventive measures in case of slippage or breakage of condoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old heterosexual male. I am HIV negative with no known STD. I always have safe sex. I always have very safe sex with girls who are not sex workers. But may have casual sex with others. Generally, I would imagine that they too would be practicing safe sex with their regul...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. An unsafe sex increases the chance of contracting STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) as well as HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). As you mentioned that the status of your partners are mostly not known, so this puts you in risk of contracting STD or HIV if you get in...  Read Full »

How to protect myself from STD?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 33 year old unmarried, healthy male. I have a steady girlfriend with whom I have sex regularly, as well as casual one night stands with other girls. I always practise safe sex, i.e, a) always use a condom b) never have uncovered oral sex (c) never have anal sex (d) always keep ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate that you are very much conscious and alert while having sex and take all preventive measures. 1. Kissing can spread some diseases only if the other partner is infected .These diseases spread through saliva . There are so many diseases which spread through ...  Read Full »

Please interpret my blood chemistry report.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a blood chemistry result. Can you give me interpretation?Also explain what is the next step? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Most of the reports are normal like, complete blood picture, FBS - fasting blood sugar and urine routine. Some of them needs attention, so I am commenting on them. In lipid profile LD...  Read Full »

What are the chances of acquiring a HIV infection from a used, hair-cutting blade?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, my son went to a local salon for a haircut. He received small scratches on the neck while getting his haircut. I noticed that it was done with a used blade, which was not cleaned properly. Is there a risk of an HIV or other viral infection due to this? Please guide me.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The likelihood of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) transmission, in this case, is 1 in 300. Firstly, you are not sure that the person, on whom the blade was used previously, was HIV positive. More importantly, HIV rarely survives in dried blood. So, in the case th...  Read Full »

I am an alcoholic.Do I have the risk of liver cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. During recent times I am feeling a fear of having liver cancer due to my history of heavy alcoholism. I have mentioned my risk factors below: My body weight is 89Kg and my height is 166cm. I had mumps at an age of 5 years. I have kidney stones (as per the rep...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports are essentially normal except for elevated cholesterol (attachments removed to protect patient identity). Yes, you have a risk of HCC due to alcohol intake. Grade 1 fatty changes in the liver may be due to obesity and alcohol consumption. But still you not ne...  Read Full »

Can I get protected against hepatitis B by vaccination?

Query: Hi doctor, I kissed someone who had chronic hepatitis B. So, I put my first hepatitis vaccination immediately, a second vaccination a week later and the third one, two weeks later after the second. Am I protected against hepatitis B?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are protected. Although the booster is not taken, some amount of immunity is provided by vaccination, it is enough to protect. So, it will protect you. Now, the best way to confirm this is by getting immunoglobin titers done and if the titers are adequate, t...  Read Full »