Q. I am trying to conceive and had a light bleeding earlier than my usual date. Is this due to pregnancy?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

My last period started a month back and I have a regular cycle of around 32 days. I am trying to conceive and I also noted date during ovulation and implantation dip but suddenly a few days back, I started to bleed which was dark brown in color initially and the amount was less than periods. Next day, some more bleeding with clots and on the third day. I had very dark little spotting and in my life, I never had my periods earlier than the date. What can I conclude from this?

#

If you are trying to conceive, there is always the possibility that you are indeed pregnant. However, it is just a month and at this point, it is too early to tell what is going on for sure. The light bleeding could be implantation bleeding or it can be regular periods, just a lighter version.

However, it can also be a chemical pregnancy that did not last. What I am going to suggest is that you wait a few more days and get a home pregnancy test done. If you experience symptoms of early pregnancy like feeling tired, abdominal pain, feeling dizzy, nausea or more bleeding, get a USG done.

|