Q. Why is there heavy bleeding with clots five days after sex?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
Published on Jan 09, 2019

From the 16th of this month, I started having sex with my fiance a lot. Five days later, I started having really bad stomach pain and the next day, I started bleeding. It was light. So I thought it could be implantation bleeding, and Iwent and got a test. I am not supposed to have my period again until the beginning of next month. The home pregnancy test I took came back negative but I am not sure if it is because I took it too early before my missed period, but my bleeding has gotten worse. It is really dark and heavy and has a lot of clots, and the stomach pain is still bad. I am worried it is a miscarriage chemical pregnancy. Is it too soon to take my second home pregnancy test?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The pregnancy test will not show a real result if done before expected next date of menses. Chemical pregnancy bleed or abortion happens only after you miss your period, so do not worry about that. With the kind of bleeding you have (heavy and continuous), implantation bleeding is ruled out. The most probable thing can be an early occurrence of menses or bleeding from the cervical lesion. If it continues beyond a week, you can consult your doctor for examination. If it stops, you can do a home pregnancy test next month if period does not start on the scheduled date to decide further management.

Can brownish discharge after protected sex be implantation bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I had protected sex. Two weeks later, I had light brownish to light red color discharge that lasted for a day and the next day there was light brownish discharge. Is this implantation bleeding? I am worried. If so, after how days of implantation bleeding can I do blood test or hCG to dete...  Read Full »

I had periods after intercourse. Will it be implantation bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old unmarried lady. Now, I am in a very panic period of stress and in seek of your advice. I had intercourse with my fiance on the first day of my periods and again after 20 days that is on my most fertile day. I got my periods 13 days later and it lasted for around three d...  Read Full »

I am having very little vaginal bleeding. Is it periods?

Query: Hello doctor, Actually, I was about to get my periods near 5th of this month but I got it six days back. The problem is that bleeding is very very little by little, I mean just a few drops without any pain or any blood clots. I am not sure it is my period or vaginal bleeding. As I am sexually activ...  Read Full »