Vaginal Boils

I am bleeding after drinking lemonade. Is this normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been bleeding for a while now. At first, I thought it was my period, but not very sure. It all started when I drank lemonade. I mixed the 100 % lemon juice with water, sugar, and ice, drank two to three cups of it, and started to bleed. I also have a painful bump on the left side o...  Read Full »

Dr. J. N. Naidu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and can understand your concern. Please do understand that you should always not feel embarrassed when it comes to health. Always remember, never squeeze the bumps as they may become more painful and infectious. It would be better if you could send cl...  Read Full »

Is a boil on my vagina due to an STD (sexually transmitted disease)?

Query: Hello doctor,I do not have any problems while walking. What are the symptoms of STD? Do I have an STD? I am worried.Kindly advise.   Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I have gone through the details and seen the image you shared (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). You have a vaginal boil, not an STD (sexually transmitted disease). Do you have itching, a foul odor, or a discharge from...  Read Full »

I have had a huge boil in the vagina with two tiny lumps in the vulva for the past month. Should I be concerned?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 26-year-old female. I have a huge boil in the vagina with two tiny lumps in the vulva for the past one month. I have a history of boil in the vagina five years ago. I have symptoms like itching and irritation for the past one week. It reduced in size after using Mupirocin ointment a...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Consult a gynecologist for physical examination and pus drainage. Please follow the below steps:1. Do STD (sexually transmitted disease) screening test.2. Do culture and sensitivity test for the pus sample. 3. I suggest antibiotics to prevent recurrent infection.  Read Full »

I have painful sores near my vagina after having rough sex with my partner. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have sores near the opening of my vagina. It started with one side three days ago, and I noticed another one the next day on the other side, although the sore was much smaller and less irritating. A day back, I broke into a fever around 5 pm and was able to recover from it after using M...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the details and images shared by you (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), and I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. After seeing the images, I feel that it is most likely not STD (sexually transmitted disea...  Read Full »

I have got small itchy bumps on clitoris, clitoral head and its surroundings. Did HSV-1 recur?

Query: Hi doctor,I have got small itchy bumps on the clitoris, clitoral head, and its surroundings but, not near the vaginal opening. There are about five to six small itchy bumps. They itch constantly, but I avoid itching them. It bleeds when they are itched. I feel better when the bumps turn into ulcers....  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I understand your concern and I will surely help you out.As I understand from the details given by you, you had an HSV-1 (herpes simplex virus-1) outbreak earlier. I want to know how long it has been?I further have the following questions:Are you having body pain?Is ther...  Read Full »

I have three boils in my pubic region. Is it due to the old razor used for shaving?

Query: Hi doctor,I have three boils on my pubic region. I just traveled, and while getting back, I started getting this. I shaved this area with an old razor, I think, and used towels from the hotel and common toilets. Currently, I am applying antiseptic cream. Can you diagnose online if I send the picture...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is an erosion or ulcer in the pubic region with a secondary bacterial infection. Apply T-bact ointment (Mupirocin ointment) twice daily for ten days. Clean area with Povidone-iodine and cotton daily for two weeks and then apply cream or ointment with clean hands...  Read Full »

Why do I get pimples in my pubic area?

Query: Hi doctor, I get painful pimples in my pubic area. The pimple is itching, has hyperpigmentation. I had been suffering from PCOS, but now the results are better. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Kindly answer me the following to help you better; 1) What is the exact location of the pimple? Is it in on the hairy labia majora, the smooth labia minora, near the vaginal opening, or the urethral opening? 2) Is i...  Read Full »

Does folliculitis cause the development of a red bump in the inner lip of the vagina?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a red bump on my vagina lip inside. It started today. I woke up in the middle of the night with my vagina itching. This morning I saw I had a red bump on the inside of my lips. I have a history of herpes. I am under Buspirone. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. I have gone through the details shared by you, and with a history of herpes, I request you to please share if you are having any pain and swelling around as well. Itching is only there, or some unusual disch...  Read Full »

Are cysts on the inner labia of serious concern?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old female. My height is 5 feet 2 inches, and my weight is 140 lbs. I want to know if my problem is serious or not. I appear to have a cyst on my inner labia. It is a pea-sized bump that is uncomfortable when it gets pressure on it. I have this for two weeks. I have had so...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. Actually, such cysts are due to infection or shaving, so if you recently shaved your genital area, it can be due to that only. Or another reason could be infection due to unprotected sex. So if you had unprotected se...  Read Full »

What are the causes for hair follicle infection in the genital parts?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from recurring vaginal boils for over a week now. They are very painful. I have tried applying Neosporin ointment, but it does not seem to work. What should I do to treat them? Can I take antibiotics to treat them?  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I would like to know if these boils are associated with itching and redness. Also, is there any vaginal discharge with a foul smell? Are these boils at the base of your hair follicles? Did you shave or wax in the recent past? Is there an...  Read Full »