Q. What can I do for the mint-colored vaginal discharge from the past two weeks?

Dr. Monica Mathur

I am having mint-colored vaginal discharge from the past two weeks on and off. Could you please suggest what I can do for the same? I have a normal discharge for a few days, and then I get a mint-colored discharge for a few days. Also, I feel like I have a lot more discharges now than I used to get before.

#

The cause of greenish discharge may be due to Trichomonas vaginitis or Candida vaginitis. Wear cotton panties and clean your genital area with Dettol diluted in water after every urination. Please revert for private consultation for the treatment.

Thank you for your response. I would do as you have suggested.

Also, do I to take any medicine for the same?

#

The Trichomonal infection usually causes excessive discharge, which may be green in color, and it can also soak the panties. Please start the following medicines for seven days:

1) Tablet Metrogyl (Metronidazole) 200 mg twice a day for 7 days.

2) Tablet Forcan (Fluconazole) 150 mg once a day for 3 days.

3) Candid (Clotrimazole) ointment over vagina at night.

4) Tablet SPD plus (Diclofenac, Paracetamol, and Serratiopeptidase ) twice a day for 5 days.

I would like to bring to your notice that I have not had sexual intercourse in 6 to 7 months. So, I am not able to understand the cause of the infection. Could you please let me know the precautions I can take in the future to avoid the same problem?

#

As I have already mentioned. Wear cotton panties and clean your private parts with Dettol diluted in water after every urination.

|