Q. My vaginal swab result shows heavy growth of Candida Albicans. What does that mean?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

I made a vaginal swab and the result came out that i have a heavy growth of candida albicans isolated among normal vaginal flora.. what does that mean?

#

Can you please attach the report?

Attached the report.

# Yeah so Vaginal Swab culture is showing yeast Infection ( Candidiasis).

It's a fungal Infection of the Genital tract

Do u have any thick white discharge? associated with genital itching?
I had white discharge during sex coming from me.. then the next day it got itchy and there was yellowish discharge with bad smell..

Is it STI? And sould my partner get treated? Or is it enough to take flagyl for 7 days?
# yes it can be a sexually transmitted Infection too.

At present how is your discharge.. is it yellowish green & Watery??

Based on your Vaginal Swab report you need not take Flagyl, but if symptoms are there suggesting bacterial Vaginosis you can take Flagyl

what you need right now is anti fungal

Take Canestan or Candid V6 Vaginal Pessary at bedtime for 6nights. Avoid sexual intercourse till the symptoms subside.

Also take Tablet Fluconazole 150mg (single tablet) only 1, after food.
Actually i went to the doctor after the thick white discharge before the report come out.. she gave me flagyl for 7 day and right now im taking it for my 4th day and fluconazole for 3 weeks and took one pill..
So the discharge is going away..
So should i stop the flagyl? And keep taking fluconazole?

Diflucan one pill a week
# No no.. If you have already started then Finish the course of Flagyl

Fluconazole you need not take continuously for 3 weeks..

How many tablets have you taken of Fluconazole and how did you take? and what was the.dose?
I took one pill only last monday 150 mg..
And other thing.. she gave me pills to give to my partner but i didnt give it to him .. it was fasigyn 500 mg 4 pills at once.. should i give it to him today?
#

yeah Give it to him today.. so that you both are treated simultaneously. it's an antibiotic to treat bacterial Vaginosis. Restrain from sexual intercourse till you finish the course

I can have sex after 7 days after im done with flagyl or after 2 weeks with fluconazole?
And is it enough for him to take only 4 pills at once.. or should he take something else?
Coz right now i dont have discharge and he kinda misses me.. can we use condoms today?
# He can take those 4 tabs together. That is enough for you partner.

Once you finish the course of your Medications if the symptoms have subsided you can resume your sexual activity

yeah Condoms are better option to avoid getting Infection again.. But it would be advisable to wait for another 3days till you finish the course of Medications
Ok thank u so much im sorry im asking a lot of questions.. one other thing.. even if im done with flagyl and got back to sex after 3 days.. i should continue with fluconazole the next two weeks right?
And how to prevent it not to happen again..
Thank u again..
# Nope Fluconazole is only one tablet dose.

that is enough

Use condoms to prevent it happening again and again.

use V-wash to clean your private parts, avoid using soaps

No probs at all.. Ping me anytime..
Thank you so much.. i just gave him the 4 pills and he will take them today.. so my last question is.. is it ok to have sex normally after 3 days with or without condoms? Coz ill be done with the course of flagyl and fluconazole for 7 days..
Thank you again
# yeah definitely as your discharge has already started reducing.
Thank you so much doctor.. u have helped me alot with all these question coz i dont want to get worried after we get married or problems if we decided to get pregnant...
# Sure Dear .. No problem at all.

count on me anytime for any medical help.

Take care of your health

=B

| 

Why am I having fishy vaginal discharge with irregular bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I went last night to get tested for STD for fishy discharge smell and 20 minutes ago I went to the bathroom and noticed I was bleeding down there, which is weird for me since I just finished a none-day period a week ago. So I am worried if I need to get checked out right away or wait.  Read Full »

Can I use Terbinaforce plus cream for a vaginal infection?

Query: Hello doctor,Can Terbinaforce plus cream be used for a vaginal infection? I have itching after periods. Please guide.  Read Full »

Whenever I masturbate multiple times a day I get an allergy on the penis. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having some allergy on the head of my penis and inner skin. I feel very irritated due to this reason. Whenever I masturbate multiple times a day, it happens.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»