Q. From my last period, I have a strong smell in my vaginal discharge. Why?

Dr. Manisha Auradkar Raghunath Auradkar
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 07, 2021 and last reviewed on: Mar 05, 2021

From my last period, I notice a strong smell along with a change in the color of my discharge. It seems to be abnormal. I have discharge almost every day between the periods. It occurs most often during ovulation. I am taking Nicaprin tablet twice daily as prescribed by the dermatologist and I also take Lactaid tablet three times a day with necessary meals.

#

I understand your concern. First of all, I would like to know few things. Please mention whether you have regular periods and the discharge is present during your periods or on other days. Please mention your last menstrual phase. There are different reasons for having vaginal discharge. It can be due to bacterial or fungal infection or due to hormonal changes in the body. Please mention whether you have pain around the pelvic region. I suggest you maintain good hygiene and it is the important thing to be done. Consult a gynecologist soon. You need to do a couple of blood tests along with a physical examination and medical history. The gynecologist will guide you further regarding the medical management depending on the test results.

|