Q. I am getting yellow vaginal discharge and there is slight pain on intercourse. Please suggest medication.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

I have been having yellow vaginal discharge for a week now. I need medication, but I am shy to go to the doctors. I am currently on birth control pills.

#

I can understand your concern. I have gone through the image you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

I want to know a few more things first. Are you sexually active? Any pain or burning in the vagina? Any menstrual irregularities?

Please reply me with answers to the above-asked questions so that I can guide you better about medicines.

Yes, I am sexually active. I have slight pain during intercourse, and I have irregular periods.

#

So you are at high risk. The possibility of sexually transmitted infection is more likely.

May I know when did you have the last unprotected sexual intercourse? Any symptoms in your partner or fever?

Please reply.

No symptoms on my partner and no fever. My last unprotected intercourse was on the day before yesterday. May I have a prescription?

#

Sorry to say but in online consultation, we doctors cannot give official prescription or certificate. I can send me medicines names in notes. Take a print out of this and show it to the pharmacy.

You can start tablet Doxycycline 100 mg 1-0-1 (after food), tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg 1-0-1 (after food), and use Betadine solution. Mix with warm water and wash your genital area thoroughly twice daily.

Drink plenty of fluids orally and avoid sexual intercourse for two weeks.

Can you please give me how long I should take the medicine? The pharmacist are asking.

Side Effects of Doxycycline, Which I Took for UTI

Query: Hello doctor, I have been sick with side effects from Doxycycline for two weeks. I had a UTI which has cleared. I have been to the doctor twice, they checked my urine, and there is no infection. I feel tired, have chills, I feel cold, have a back and joint pain. I do not have a fever. I have read t...  Read Full »

What is the problem for having vaginal discharge, itching and irritation while peeing?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bleeding after sex. I have pain while having sex. I have vaginal discharge and irritation while peeing and itching. Is this an infection or something else? I took an Unwanted 72 before three days.  Read Full »

What is the medication to be used for balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I got balanitis. Which cream should I buy? I had sex five weeks ago without protection. Painful peeing lasts for two years but not as strong as this time. Sores came out after having unprotected sex.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»