Q. I am unable to have sex due to the bloody vaginal discharge and itching. What to do?

Answered by
Dr. Alexander Davis, Md
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 25, 2020

I have been unable to have comfortable sex for 2 months and am not sure why. At first I noticed dilute bloody tissue/discharge, which was probably bloody from my period just about to start. Then I noticed my vagina was very itchy for a week. Since then, occassionally I would have a spot or two of dilute but bright red blood come out. It also burns when I pee sometimes. I also notice every now and again some tissue like discharge come out when I pee. All this started happening after I left my hometown. And since it has started, I tried to have sex four times and each time it felt tight and dry, and the more posterior part of my vulva (it feels like it's the vulva I could be wrong) stays irritated for the 2days or so. It's irritated like it feels dry, like when you wipe after peeing and it's already dry but you keep wiping anyway. Im embarrassed to have sex, and I don't want this to get in the way of a relationship.


Thank you for getting in touch with us. I read your explanation very carefully and I’m sorry that you are suffering from these problems. I would really like to tell you that you don’t need to see a local doctor, but you have to. The probability that you’re suffering from some form of infection which needs to be treated with prescription medicine is above 90%. Therefore please settle an appointment with a gynecologist. At the same time please be careful when having sex, you might be infectious. I wish you a speedy recovery and a good time.

The Probable causes:

Infectious condition.

Investigations to be done:

Visual inspection
Swab test
Blood test

Differential diagnosis:

Fungal infection

Probable diagnosis:

Bacterial infection

Treatment plan:

See a gynecologist or dermatologist immediately.

Preventive measures:

No unprotected sex.

Regarding follow up:

anytime you want.

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Is it possible for a fungal infection to cause low-grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

Why do I severe vaginal itching in the night?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past few weeks, I have had severe vaginal itching. It goes on all night and sometimes during the day. I have not slept properly for the past few weeks. I have not experienced this level of itching before and for such a long time. Once this started, I used Lactacyd to alleviate the...  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.