Q. I have milky white vaginal discharge with itching. What is my problem?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 24, 2020

I am a 17-year-old female. There is a milky vaginal discharge that I have been experiencing every day for six consecutive months. The first time I went to a doctor was when I was experiencing a cottage cheese like white discharge with super itchy feeling and burning sensation when urinating. The doctor gave me Itraconazole Sporanox and Imiquimod Aldara. It got better. My white discharge started after that. But I did not mind it because it was not accompanied by itching. I went to a different doctor again because I was experiencing a cottage cheese discharge again with itching, she gave me Clotrimazole vaginal tablet. The only problem I have now is I am having a white milky discharge every day. It does not seem normal to me.

#

Some amount of vaginal discharge is a normal phenomenon. But if the discharge is thick white like curds and offensive in smell or is associated with itching then it is candida or yeast infection. If you again having the cottage cheese like thick discharge with itching, you start taking Clotrimazole vaginal tablets for seven nights along with a tablet Fluconazole which you need to take by mouth (single tablet). Maintain a good genital hygiene. Try to change your undergarments twice daily. If there is no itching and not a thick curdy white discharge then rest assures it must be a normal vaginal discharge.

Check your blood sugars (fasting and Postprandial).

Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg by mouth (single dose). Clotrimazole vaginal pessary for seven nights continuously.

| 

What does waterlike vaginal discharge indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, My aunt is 31 years old and had her uterus removed 11 years ago. From then she never had the periods nor any discharge. It was all alright until a month ago. She had suddenly started experiencing waterlike vaginal discharge which is little smelly, and it hurts in stomach sometimes. When s...  Read Full »

Can Hydrozole be used for jock itch?

Query: Hi doctor, I had jock itch two months ago for the very first time. It is still there but fading. I started using Hydrozole cream two weeks ago, it seems to be working. How long it would take for a complete cure? After using this cream I fell some itch in legs. Now the groin skin appears red and ver...  Read Full »

Why am I having itching and irritation near genital area?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from heavy itching and irritation in the area between thighs near genital area and asshole area. Currently, I am using Candid B lotion and Clotrimazole cream.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»