Q. I have milky white vaginal discharge with itching. What is my problem?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 24, 2020

I am a 17-year-old female. There is a milky vaginal discharge that I have been experiencing every day for six consecutive months. The first time I went to a doctor was when I was experiencing a cottage cheese like white discharge with super itchy feeling and burning sensation when urinating. The doctor gave me Itraconazole Sporanox and Imiquimod Aldara. It got better. My white discharge started after that. But I did not mind it because it was not accompanied by itching. I went to a different doctor again because I was experiencing a cottage cheese discharge again with itching, she gave me Clotrimazole vaginal tablet. The only problem I have now is I am having a white milky discharge every day. It does not seem normal to me.

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Some amount of vaginal discharge is a normal phenomenon. But if the discharge is thick white like curds and offensive in smell or is associated with itching then it is candida or yeast infection. If you again having the cottage cheese like thick discharge with itching, you start taking Clotrimazole vaginal tablets for seven nights along with a tablet Fluconazole which you need to take by mouth (single tablet). Maintain a good genital hygiene. Try to change your undergarments twice daily. If there is no itching and not a thick curdy white discharge then rest assures it must be a normal vaginal discharge.

Check your blood sugars (fasting and Postprandial).

Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg by mouth (single dose). Clotrimazole vaginal pessary for seven nights continuously.

|