Q. Can I insert Triamcinolone inside my vagina to clear yeast infection?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 17, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Can I insert Triamcinolone inside my vagina to clear yeast infection?

#

Triamcinolone is not indicated for yeast infection. It is a corticosteroid and rather, a yeast infection can precipitate with this drug.

You should use an antifungal like Clotrimazole vaginal pessaries for 14 days.

I also advise you to use a condom during sexual intercourse.

Consult a gynaecologist online regarding the severity of the infection and the need to take oral antifungal drugs --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|