Q. Is cheese-like discharge from the vagina a sign of yeast infection?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

My period was earlier than usual, about nine days earlier, and my cycle this time was 21 days, while usually, it is 28 or 29 days. This period was heavy and long for about six days. Then for about a week later, during ovulation time, I started bleeding dark again.

#

As explained, the period was heavy, and it stopped now. I guess there is nothing to panic about. However, we need to ascertain the reasons for the early periods this time and about the bleeding during ovulation. Do you have any history of similar problems anytime in the past? Are you sexually active with protection or without protection? Do you have any history of pregnancy? Are you on any medications, or you took emergency contraceptive pills or birth control pills? Did you start some physical exercise, or are there any changes in diet?

I did not have this problem before, and this is my first time I experience. I am engaged and used to be sexually active, but not recently active for the past three years. I did not have a history of pregnancy. I have taken Flagyl 500 mg for vaginal use, and all this started after using it. I did not start any physical exercise, and I take a regular diet.

#

I have gone through the additional information presented by you, and it appears to be triggered by the medication. How long did you take Flagyl (Metronidazole) 500 mg? The light yellow or cottage cheese discharge and itching can be vaginal infection, and if there is burning or painful urination, then it can be a urinary tract infection. For infection, apply Surfaz-Sn cream (Beclomethasone + Clotrimazole + Neomycin) locally, and for urinary tract infections, antibiotics are recommended, but please share more details so that I can help you better.

|