Q. I am having a lot of itching in the vaginal area. How to prevent it?

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

I am having a lot of itching and irritation in the vaginal area. I observed a slight itching sensation in the vagina starting from the last week. Day by day, it irritates me a lot. Please help me to prevent this. I am not under any medication.

#

Itching and irritation around the vaginal area could be due to vaginal yeast infection, bacterial infection or urinary infection or poor hygiene, or contact dermatitis (to clothes or panties).

You could try the following methods to reduce these symptoms:

1) Do not wear tight underwear and change it daily.

2) Use only cotton undergarments.

3) Do not use undergarments at night while sleeping.

4) Wash the vaginal and urethral region with luke warm or cold water, and vaginal washes like V-wash (pH control soaps).

5) Do not use usual body soaps or any antiseptic liquid.

6) Keep the area dry.

7) You can use Candid Vaginal Pessary (Clotrimazole) for six days after consulting your doctor. Drink loads of water at least 2.5 liters per day.

I hope this helps you to overcome your problem.

|